G 22 magazine sticky [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G 22 magazine sticky

BobbyS
02-27-2010, 11:34
Hello, new here to GT great forum!

I have a G22 and the magazine is very hard to remove. Is this common with a G22?

I see people shoot competitions with Glocks but if their magazines are as hard to remove as mine they would be pretty slow.

Thanks for any help.

BobbyS

theGreenAggie
02-27-2010, 11:39
I've never had any problem like that... I've got 6 mags for my G23, never any problem with them...

Sorry dude!

Brucev
02-28-2010, 20:02
Hello, new here to GT great forum!

I have a G22 and the magazine is very hard to remove. Is this common with a G22?

I see people shoot competitions with Glocks but if their magazines are as hard to remove as mine they would be pretty slow.

Thanks for any help.

BobbyS

I do not mean to sound like a smart Alec but take your 22 to a gunshop that has some 22's in their display case. Explain to them your problem. Ask if they will allow you see if any of their G-22 magazines demonstrate the same problem in your pistol. It may be that your magazine or magazine catch have a manufacturing oddity that is causing problems with lockup. If it turns up that your magazine has a problem, contact Glock and see how to proceed. If the problem is with your pistol, use the same procedure. JMHO. Sincerely. Brucev.

mteagle1
03-06-2010, 14:02
Need more info, is it 1 magazine or both that came with the gun? Does it do it empty or loaded? Empty it should fall out with a press of the mag release. Hopefully it is not a reconditioned LE only mag (I have 6 that are not drop free).

Bullfighter
03-07-2010, 18:04
Need more info, is it 1 magazine or both that came with the gun? Does it do it empty or loaded? Empty it should fall out with a press of the mag release. Hopefully it is not a reconditioned LE only mag (I have 6 that are not drop free).

Hmmmm. I was just about to reply stating that I have one mag that is difficult to eject but the others work great. You know, it just happens to be an LE mag. So these are not supposed to drop out?

ctaggart
03-07-2010, 18:06
How old is the mag? The really old ones didn't have a steel liner and would swell when loaded up. You should be able to see the steel liner through the witness holes on the back of the mag.