Who is inline to replace Bronson for State Rep? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Who is inline to replace Bronson for State Rep?

muckdawg24
02-27-2010, 21:36
My CCW instructor mentioned that this is Charles Bronson's last year as commissioner of FL Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services. Anyone know who is gun friendly that might run for this position?

glockpacker
03-06-2010, 23:46
Well, our law reads that we WILL be gun friendly, so I doubt we have anything to worry about.

LMBFlorida
03-07-2010, 18:21
Adam Putnam - http://www.adamputnam.com/

Great guy and a gun rights supporter. He has supporters at the Tampa gun show today and may actually have been there himself. A few weeks ago in Lakeland, Marco Rubio was there and also Jeff Attwater.

muckdawg24
03-07-2010, 19:46
Adam Putnam - http://www.adamputnam.com/

Great guy and a gun rights supporter. He has supporters at the Tampa gun show today and may actually have been there himself. A few weeks ago in Lakeland, Marco Rubio was there and also Jeff Attwater.

Thanks a lot. Visited the website. Looks like he is pro-gun but it doesn't implicitly say so. I'll email to confirm.

LMBFlorida
03-08-2010, 19:53
Thanks a lot. Visited the website. Looks like he is pro-gun but it doesn't implicitly say so. I'll email to confirm.

Let us know what you find. I also checked his site out again last night and was surprised not to see more pro-gun info.

CigarGuy
03-09-2010, 07:09
He WAS the youngest, highest-ranking Republican in the House, but something "happened" when the Dems took over Congress in '08?!
Can't remember if he didn't run for reelection in '08 or bailed after
getting reelected?

LMBFlorida
03-09-2010, 18:06
He WAS the youngest, highest-ranking Republican in the House, but something "happened" when the Dems took over Congress in '08?!
Can't remember if he didn't run for reelection in '08 or bailed after
getting reelected?

I believe he did not run for reelection because he was sick of the BS that goes on in DC. Can't blame him for that.

muckdawg24
03-11-2010, 13:23
Let us know what you find. I also checked his site out again last night and was surprised not to see more pro-gun info.

Still no response. What the hell man, I'm a voter!

Glock Gator
03-13-2010, 20:50
I know the guy. He absolutely got fed up and felt he spent more time with BS than actually serving constituents. He is really young. I think he will serve as Ag Com, then think about gov later.

muckdawg24
03-22-2010, 15:30
Sent another e-mail. Maybe it got "lost."

muckdawg24
03-23-2010, 13:48
Ok, I got a response on Adam Putnam's stance on gun rights. See below:

Thank you for your inquiry concerning Congressman Putnamís stance on gun rights.

Adam is a lifetime member of the NRA and a strong supporter of 2<sup>nd</sup> amendment rights. As Commissioner of Agriculture he has committed to working diligently to protect the concealed weapons permit from raids. He opposes the increase in state hunting and fishing license fees without increased access to public lands for hunters and anglers. He will work to expedite the concealed weapons permit renewal process and protect your right to carry on public lands. Adam also served as Chairman of the Congressional Sportsmenís Caucus.

We hope this gives you some insight into Adamís views on 2<sup>nd</sup> amendment rights. Please feel free to contact us if you have any more questions. The Putnam Campaign

------------------------