TUCSON - "Anti & Pro" Restaurant Website WWW.BAGTUCSON.COM [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : TUCSON - "Anti & Pro" Restaurant Website WWW.BAGTUCSON.COM

AZRover
02-28-2010, 07:07
There are now over 130 of us (in 2 weeks alone) coming together online for a conversation around 2A, action (our boycott and supprting places that want our business), and the use of a facebook group and website with database of restaurants that either don't allow carry (it is their right, to deny our rights, on their property), or worse some have officially come out to be ANTi Second Amendment (Chipotle Mexican Grill). We also have a database of PRO-2A restaurants!

We have this Facebook Group for Tucson residents: BAG - Tucson: "Boycott Anti-Gunners", A database of anti-gun restaurants | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/BAG-Tucson-Boycott-Anti-Gunners-A-database-of-anti-gun-restaurants/345209800960)
and this database that we are building: BagTucson.com (http://www.bagtucson.com)

We have met for one "Open Carry Dinner" and I'm setting up a "CCW" dinner in two weeks.

If you are in Tucson, AZ, please join the group!

Orclin
02-28-2010, 08:07
Great idea..
would love to see this started in other cities (maybe it has and I haven't noticed).
Next time I drive through Tucson I'll be sure to stop in to one of the Pro-carry places for a meal, even though I don't have my plastic yet.

Great job,
Scott (DFW, TX)

AZRover
03-05-2010, 22:24
Great idea..
would love to see this started in other cities (maybe it has and I haven't noticed).
Next time I drive through Tucson I'll be sure to stop in to one of the Pro-carry places for a meal, even though I don't have my plastic yet.

Great job,
Scott (DFW, TX)

Thanks Scott,

Any suggestions for me on the website?
If I built something similar for your city, how might you envision the data gets maintained? A local volunteer?

~AzRover

Sam Spade
03-06-2010, 11:44
Any suggestions for me on the website?

You might make the list a little easier to get to. Click on link, then click on "The anti list", then click on "Click here to view", but only the "click here" portion contains the link and is in the same font and color as the rest of the line, then my pop-up blocker didn't like something.

Just making a suggestion about the user-friendly aspect. I do appreciate the actual information.

jsjdjn
03-06-2010, 12:32
We need one for Phoenix.

AZRover
03-10-2010, 11:51
We need one for Phoenix.

There are some websites with good lists already. I'm trying to foucs on something "user friendly" and geared towards the general public (who is not on these gun boards).

Will let you know soon...

jsjdjn
03-10-2010, 11:56
There are some websites with good lists already. I'm trying to foucs on something "user friendly" and geared towards the general public (who is not on these gun boards).

Will let you know soon...

Yeah! I have not found any as nice as BAG's Database. My wife and I carry concealed and we keep the "Do you know what this sign means" flyers in our car.

AZRover
03-10-2010, 14:30
Yeah! I have not found any as nice as BAG's Database. My wife and I carry concealed and we keep the "Do you know what this sign means" flyers in our car.

So glad to hear you like (and use) BagTucson.com (http://www.bagtucson.com)

What flyer are you reffering to? Could you email (info@bagtucson.com) me a copy to see?

Thanks!
~Jeffrey

Glock.23
03-11-2010, 21:37
This is a excellent IDEA... Wish we could do something about movie theaters as well but i dont think we can :-(

AZRover
03-11-2010, 22:14
This is a excellent IDEA... Wish we could do something about movie theaters as well but i dont think we can :-(

What about Movie Theaters? Maybe I can work them in with a "catagory" or some other way. I've never noticed, are they "anti" and "pro" like restaurants?

Where in AZ are you lcoated?

FYI: Not to get into politics in this thread but - we do not live in a Democracy, we have a Republic and there is a huge difference.

Smokey387
04-01-2010, 00:02
Nice to see there are other people concerned about our second amendment rights

miatank
04-12-2010, 12:44
Thanks for providing the Pro/Anti listings. Got a question.
I was under the impression that if an establishment did not allow a legal pistol inside that they had to provide a secure storage locker near the entrance. Yes, no, or a proposal that did not become a requirement?

dave - or did I hear something wrong

Sam Spade
04-29-2010, 12:38
Thanks for providing the Pro/Anti listings. Got a question.
I was under the impression that if an establishment did not allow a legal pistol inside that they had to provide a secure storage locker near the entrance. Yes, no, or a proposal that did not become a requirement?

dave - or did I hear something wrong

(D) Heard something wrong.

That requirement applies to public buildings (court, city hall...) and not private enterprise.