Sig 522 range report [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sig 522 range report

billwade
02-28-2010, 15:17
I took my new 522 out today, just got it yesterday. I put a Burris Fastfire on the rail. After sighting it in I shot some groups with the five kinds of ammo i had on hand. These were shot at 25 yards with a bipod. These were 10 shot groups.

Bitterroot Valley Ammo Co. 36gr hp 1 1/4"
Remington Eley Match Rifle 40gr lrn 7/8"
Remington Eley Target Rifle 40gr lrn 1"
Remington Thunderbolt 40gr lrn 1 5/8"
CCI Minimag 36gr 1 1/8"

glock22357
02-28-2010, 15:29
I took my new 522 out today, just got it yesterday. I put a Burris Fastfire on the rail. After sighting it in I shot some groups with the five kinds of ammo i had on hand. These were shot at 25 yards with a bipod. These were 10 shot groups.

Bitterroot Valley Ammo Co. 36gr hp 1 1/4"
Remington Eley Match Rifle 40gr lrn 7/8"
Remington Eley Target Rifle 40gr lrn 1"
Remington Thunderbolt 40gr lrn 1 5/8"
CCI Minimag 36gr 1 1/8"

I am interested in a Burris Fastfire (if it's the red dot I'm thinking of (http://www.burrisoptics.com/fastfire.html) and whould love both pictures and your opinions on this optic.

billwade
02-28-2010, 15:45
The link you have is the same sight. It works good for me. I had it on a 22cal S&W 22a that couldnt hold a group and the mag kept falling out. The only thing i dont care for is the battery is under the sight,so you have to remove it from the base to change it.

Flipz
03-01-2010, 12:50
Thanks for the range report. Ive taken mine to the range 2 times so far and have nothing but good things to say about it. Ive shot 500 rounds of Mini Mags through it and another 50-75 of Winchester 333 Bulk pack. Havent had any issues at all. So far Im very impressed with the 522. Im gonna test out some Remington Golden Bullets when I go back to the range this weekend. I will report back with my observations.

Oh, and regarding the Burris Fastfire, what do you think of it? Im gonna be doing a Tactical Solutions Buckmark build and have been thinking of mounting the Fastfire II on it. Let me know what you think of it.
Thanks!

M2 Carbine
03-01-2010, 13:05
I haven't had a chance to bench rest mine yet. I had a feeling it would be right accurate.
What bipod did you use?

If you didn't see it earlier, a couple weeks ago some friends put about a thousand rounds through my SIG as fast as they could shoot it. Mostly shooting rapid fire from the hip.

When I cleaned the gun it was DIRTY and completely dry of lube. If there was a reason for the SIG to quit, that was it.

The only malfunctions they had was a few times when they tried bulk pack Remington. Since then I've tried Remington again and it malfunctions every time.
The gun likes Wal Mart Federal bulk pack though.

Flipz
03-01-2010, 16:17
I too am interested in what type of Bipod youre using. Also, how are you mounting it to the handguard? Were you lucky enough to get the rail kit from Sig? I have the rail kit on order, I hope it arrives soon.

CMG
03-01-2010, 21:22
I too am interested in what type of Bipod youre using. Also, how are you mounting it to the handguard? Were you lucky enough to get the rail kit from Sig? I have the rail kit on order, I hope it arrives soon.

My green rifle came with the rails... my black rifle did not... I have no idea why! :upeyes:

billwade
03-02-2010, 15:39
I haven't had a chance to bench rest mine yet. I had a feeling it would be right accurate.
What bipod did you use?

If you didn't see it earlier, a couple weeks ago some friends put about a thousand rounds through my SIG as fast as they could shoot it. Mostly shooting rapid fire from the hip.

When I cleaned the gun it was DIRTY and completely dry of lube. If there was a reason for the SIG to quit, that was it.

The only malfunctions they had was a few times when they tried bulk pack Remington. Since then I've tried Remington again and it malfunctions every time.
The gun likes Wal Mart Federal bulk pack though.

just one of those plastic bipods that clips on the barrel, i got it when i was in the Marines.

billwade
03-02-2010, 15:41
Thanks for the range report. Ive taken mine to the range 2 times so far and have nothing but good things to say about it. Ive shot 500 rounds of Mini Mags through it and another 50-75 of Winchester 333 Bulk pack. Havent had any issues at all. So far Im very impressed with the 522. Im gonna test out some Remington Golden Bullets when I go back to the range this weekend. I will report back with my observations.

Oh, and regarding the Burris Fastfire, what do you think of it? Im gonna be doing a Tactical Solutions Buckmark build and have been thinking of mounting the Fastfire II on it. Let me know what you think of it.
Thanks!

the sight works real good, it adjust itself so there is no messing around.

M2 Carbine
03-02-2010, 16:39
I'm not recommending this sight. I do not recommend ANYTHING but I do have over a couple dozen BSA Red Dot sights on many different guns and they have given me good service for years. I think I had a couple fail.
Natchez is selling them at a very low price. I just bought 4 more.:)
http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=OS&prodID=OSRD30&prodTitle=BSA 30mm Red Dot Sight 5 MOA

BSA has changed the sight from the picture in the catalog. This is the new look on my SIG (which I'm going to shoot right now :supergrin: )
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Bell406_206B/BSASIG.jpg

M2 Carbine
03-02-2010, 18:56
The more I shoot the 522 the more I like it.

Dumping magazines rapid fire is a ball.:supergrin:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Bell406_206B/SIG522shootingsteelJPG.jpg

DriBak
03-04-2010, 21:09
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j282/DriBak/SDC10937.jpg
Here is mine, I have since added the MI folding front sight