Acusport ISSC M22 Pistol... Glock Look-a-like [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Acusport ISSC M22 Pistol... Glock Look-a-like

Ima19man
02-28-2010, 16:13
Anybody heard of it, shot it, love it, I want one... Saw it at a gun show and almost dropped the money on it right then and there cuz I love the look and feel. Please tell me its not a "jam-o-matic"! Here is a link to some info about it. http://www.ammoland.com/tag/issc/

rboatright
03-02-2010, 13:21
There are, of course, people who have had bad luck with them. Everyone builds lemons and the owners of lemons seem far more likely to post on internet forums than people who are happy.

Our local gun shop says that he has sold about a dozen, and none have come back with complaints. Mine should come in tommorow and I'll report back, but if it's like every other semi-22 I know of, it will require a breaking in period, possibly a bit of polishing, and learning what ammo it likes to eat.

But in any event, with 9mm costing $200/m and bulk 22lr costing $30/m the decision to buy it was simple. Two cases of ammo pays for the gun. If it takes some smithing and playing and careful lubing to make it reliable, it's STILL worth it.

And honestly, when I held one in my hand last week, I would have had trouble testifying if it was my Glock 19 or the m22 without reaching up and fingering the safety.

As a training gun, and a plinker, it looks like a winner to me.

Ima19man
03-03-2010, 02:27
I am sooo angry I didn't buy the one I just saw at a gun show this weekend. I loved the look and feel.. it was $175.00. I looked up prices and it looks like a $300 plus ticket price. What did you pay for yours and where did you order from?

dave333
03-03-2010, 12:48
ima19man, are you saying you had a chance to buy one for $175? Could you let me know where they can be found for that price cause I will buy one for sure. I came across one in a local shop and I must say it felt impressive in the hand, but the price tag said $409, and Im not taking a chance on one at that price.

Ima19man
03-03-2010, 18:25
ima19man, are you saying you had a chance to buy one for $175? Could you let me know where they can be found for that price cause I will buy one for sure. I came across one in a local shop and I must say it felt impressive in the hand, but the price tag said $409, and Im not taking a chance on one at that price.

Yep! A gun show was in town for a weekend and I saw it, picked it up, played with it.. loved it... price tag read $175 and I thought... I will go look up info on this gun, cuz I like it! Read up on it and Sunday went back to pick 'er up... GONZO! I though.. eh thats too bad, I'll see what they look like online... Man was I pissed!!!

dave333
03-03-2010, 19:44
Yep! A gun show was in town for a weekend and I saw it, picked it up, played with it.. loved it... price tag read $175 and I thought... I will go look up info on this gun, cuz I like it! Read up on it and Sunday went back to pick 'er up... GONZO! I though.. eh thats too bad, I'll see what they look like online... Man was I pissed!!!

Wow, was that new in box for $175? Do you remember the name of the dealer that had them for that price? After handling one in person and reading the few reviews that are out there $175 would be a no brainer price for me to pay. I cant find them online anywhere less than about $360. I still might take a chance on one but at that price I would have to sell my current .22 plinker (Beretta Neos) before I could buy one.

Ima19man
03-03-2010, 21:01
Wow, was that new in box for $175? Do you remember the name of the dealer that had them for that price? After handling one in person and reading the few reviews that are out there $175 would be a no brainer price for me to pay. I cant find them online anywhere less than about $360. I still might take a chance on one but at that price I would have to sell my current .22 plinker (Beretta Neos) before I could buy one.

It was used and it looked like just a mom and pop lay what you got out there kinda thing. Honestly they probably got it on a trade and didn't know what it was. I soooo wish that I would have picked it up!!

rboatright
03-03-2010, 22:47
Picked mine up this afternoon at Kaw Valley Gun Club in Topeka for a -very- fair price.

Generally when comparing prices I take the best internet price, add in with shipping and FFL transfer fee, and compare that with the local price after sales tax. Figuring that way, I saved about $50 over the best internet price I could find.

Serial number AAB8XX

I put four magazines of CCI mini mag through it, no FTF, no FTE. It points like my Glock 19, it feels like my Glock 19, and it aims like my Glock 19. I'm happy.

Accuracy is "beyond what I can hold with a sandbag" as in, the range owner shot it better than I did. Felt recoil is essentially zero. Sound -- it sounds like a 4 inch .22lr It goes "pop" instead of "bang".

The range owner put 20 rounds of cheap white box Winchester through it. No FTF, one failure to come into battery, a slight tap on the back of the slide fixed that.

As I said above, I've never seen a .22 semi in the sub-$400 price range that didn't need a break in period, this one's going to be no different, but it is exactly what I hoped it would be and I'm happy as a clam.

Field strip is essentially the same as a Walther P22, except that instead of the "U" shaped take down clip, it has a Glock like take down bar, but the slide still comes off to the back.

Unlike the Gods-Be-Damned Walther, this uses a large diameter spring over the barrel instead of the P22's weird and hard-to-install spring. Re-assembly therefore is dead easy. Unlike the P22, the barrel is fixed.

The gun is single-action only. There is an ambidextrous de-cocker on the slide. The gun includes a magazine safety.

SAO makes perfect sense for a Glock clone, since the Glock's striker fired trigger works and feels very much like an SAO in that every trigger pull is the same.

Like the Glock, there is a long "does nothing" trigger movement, followed by a 0.14 inch "actual" trigger pull. The first part is ever-so-slightly lighter than my gen 3 19, the final trigger pull is very very similar to it.

Can you tell I'm happy? I'll get back to you with more info after a few hundred rounds, but all in all, it's exactly what I was hoping it would be.

Glocks&Ducs
03-04-2010, 07:20
The reason that gun was $175 is probably because it has been back to the factory three or four times and it still doesn't work properly. Mine still doesn't work properly, and the gun shop that I bought mine at has had to send back both of the ones he sold, plus one another that was purchased elsewhere. One of the ones that already went back once is on its second trip back, and I am still debating wasting my time sending mine back for the second time. When I first got mine back from the factory, it would finally work OK with Federal bulk pack but now even that is failing in it again.

Usually, it can be said that a company puts out a lemon once in a while. In the case of this company, I think they put out a good gun once in a while. The rest are lemons.

I think polishing, tweaking, and baby feeding ammo is fine for a cheap gun in order to make them work. But this isn't an inexpensive gun. It is damn near as much as a Glock and it should work right out of the box if it is going to command that kind of price.

dave333
03-04-2010, 09:52
glocks&ducs, small world, I live in Wilmington NC just to your south. Sorry to hear your tales of woe concerning this gun. Is yours an early serial number model? I understand the first ones came with two different recoil springs, and later in production the company changed something so the later ones only come with one recoil spring and whatever issues they had were suppose to be fixed. In the few reviews I have found on this gun it seems like you get a really good one or a really bad one. I like everything about this gun but that is a lot of gamble to take.

I have been thinking of getting an aa conversion kit to shoot .22 with but I have about decided against that for the simple reason I dont want to shoot a bunch of filthy .22 ammo through my carry gun.

rboatright, did yours come with one or two recoil springs? Keep us up to date on the progress with yours.

rboatright
03-04-2010, 13:15
One recoil spring. Back to CCI mini-mags for another 100 rounds. No ftf, no fte.

I'll be switching to wally world Winchester 555 bulk plated hp when the second strip of CCI is gone. -- that would be a total of 200 rounds in. I'll let you know what happens then.

I honestly think that Glocks&Ducs got one of the first 1000 made. Never buy the first model year of any new car, never buy the first version of ANYTHING from microsoft, and never buy one of the first 1000 of a new model gun?

My ejector doesn't look like his, it looks to be one piece. My ramp is smooth, the chamber fit is good, I can't think of anything to complain about.

but then, I'm sitting at about 150 rounds. I'll let you know more after this weekend. My buddy and I intend to push lead through it, and to do some accuracy testing.

Glocks&Ducs
03-04-2010, 13:51
One recoil spring. Back to CCI mini-mags for another 100 rounds. No ftf, no fte.

I'll be switching to wally world Winchester 555 bulk plated hp when the second strip of CCI is gone. -- that would be a total of 200 rounds in. I'll let you know what happens then.

I honestly think that Glocks&Ducs got one of the first 1000 made. Never buy the first model year of any new car, never buy the first version of ANYTHING from microsoft, and never buy one of the first 1000 of a new model gun?

My ejector doesn't look like his, it looks to be one piece. My ramp is smooth, the chamber fit is good, I can't think of anything to complain about.

but then, I'm sitting at about 150 rounds. I'll let you know more after this weekend. My buddy and I intend to push lead through it, and to do some accuracy testing.

Well, this thread is kind of starting to sound like a late night infomercial to me. I never stated I had a problem with my ejector and never posted pictures of what mine looks like, so I'm not sure how that all came into play. I haven't really had ejection problems. My problems are usually failure to feed and some failure to fire.

If the company knows they put out a bad batch of guns, they should be contacting their customers with replacements. Especially if the guns that were previously sent back are still malfunctioning. I know that a person from the company was keeping up with my posts, as they personally contacted me on here and asked me to send the gun back to the company. Thing is, it was already on its way.

As far as those Winchester bulk pack HPs. Those are the worsts culprit for high angle of feed malfunctions. Just about every single one of those will jam in a nose high angle and when you remove the round it will look like a smiling minnow.

Thing is, you are the only one singing the praises of this thing. Even Gunblast, a "professional" reviewer is clear to state the gun is ammo finnicky. Personally, I think that is putting it nicely, and the only reason they wrote the review as nicely as they did is because they had already taken the company's money to advertise it.

http://www.gunblast.com/ISSC-M22.htm

Truth of the matter is, these guns are junk. If someone can present me with one that truly works I will change my tune. In the mean time, it is a junk gun designed by the same person that designed the junk P22 I also got rid of. The fact that the company is offering substantial discounts to dealers, in order to get them moving is much more telling to me than the first 1000 gun excuse.

Just so you know where I am coming from experience wise. I own or have owned in the neighborhood of fifty handguns since buying my first one in 1997. I have only bid good riddance to two of them for performance problems. The P22 and a Kahr PM9. This one will probaby be the third. But then again, it is good to keep around for malfunction drills. It has one at least one time per magazine. But at least that is better than the five or six per magazine it was having before I sent it back to the factory.

How fitting the model number on this thing. It is the M22 model. It stands for MALFUNCTION 22.

dave333
03-04-2010, 13:57
rboatright, I will be looking forward to your report on the winchester 555 bulk pack. If it works well I may give one of these guns a try. I have a Beretta Neos that will eat anything I run through it with the exception of snake loads. I would stick with that before I had to run only highend .22 ammo.

Glocks&Ducs
03-04-2010, 14:00
glocks&ducs, small world, I live in Wilmington NC just to your south. Sorry to hear your tales of woe concerning this gun. Is yours an early serial number model? I understand the first ones came with two different recoil springs, and later in production the company changed something so the later ones only come with one recoil spring and whatever issues they had were suppose to be fixed. In the few reviews I have found on this gun it seems like you get a really good one or a really bad one. I like everything about this gun but that is a lot of gamble to take.

I have been thinking of getting an aa conversion kit to shoot .22 with but I have about decided against that for the simple reason I dont want to shoot a bunch of filthy .22 ammo through my carry gun.

rboatright, did yours come with one or two recoil springs? Keep us up to date on the progress with yours.

Where have you read a good review on this gun besides rboatright's? And where did you come across the information that the later ones with one recoil spring are supposedly fixed? I'm not sure how early this gun I have is, as I don't know how the company started their serial number range. But it did come with two recoil springs. Neither of which make the gun work any better.

And now that you guys mention the recoil spring, I would have to disagree that the system employed on this gun is any better than the P22 system. They are both a pain to get put back together, and on this gun, if you aren't super careful, the end of spring coil can actually catch on and gouge the barrel.

As far as shooting 22 through your carry gun, why don't you just clean your gun when you are done shooting the 22? All you will have to do is clean the lower receiver as the conversion kit is an entirely different slide and magazines.

rboatright
03-04-2010, 15:43
the spring is better than the p22 spring because it's two short to bend-in-half and crimp. It's MUCH easier to put together.

Rick

Glocks&Ducs
03-04-2010, 16:02
the spring is better than the p22 spring because it's two short to bend-in-half and crimp. It's MUCH easier to put together.

Rick

And I will counter with it isn't better, because you can still bend the spring towards one end, and if you don't line it up perfectly in the slide, it catches and gouges the barrel. At least on the P22, you could use the supplied guide and you wouldn't bend the spring if you used it. It was only when you were trying to do it without the guide that you could screw it up.

In my opinion, the degrees of difficulty are the same. It is only the point of failures that have shifted.

dave333
03-04-2010, 16:31
glocks&ducks,

Just type issc m22 into google and do a search, lots of reviews, some much like yours, some not so much. From what I can gather the first run of these guns came with 2 recoil springs, one for high velocity ammo, one for lower velocity ammo, maybe neither of them work, I dont know, the reviews that have come from people with one recoil spring seem to be far better than the others. Perhaps when the company changed that they made some other changes that would make a difference on the feeding/reliability issues. I dont know for sure but I think the first run of these guns had an aaaXXX serial number, maybe later serial numbers like aabxxx have been modified to deal with early issues, again I am trying to assume a logical progression from what I have been able to research. The m22 that I had my hands on at a gunshop here had something like an aafxxx or aanxxx serial number if memory serves and the box did not have any extra recoil springs in it. For anywhere close to what they want for it I would have to be very sure it was worth my money.

As far as shooting .22 through my carry gun, I would rather keep it clean and ready to go at all times than gunking the internals up with a lot of filthy .22 ammo. My Neos needs a very serious cleaning after a few hundred rounds of .22.

Ima19man
03-04-2010, 16:43
Hey Glocks&Ducs... I have $175 for ya if you want to cut an run from that gun so bad!

Glocks&Ducs
03-04-2010, 16:56
Hey Glocks&Ducs... I have $175 for ya if you want to cut an run from that gun so bad!

I'm disgusted, not stupid. Even when I sold the Kahrap PM9 I only took about a $100 hit.

In this case, the company is either going to provide me a working gun or a full refund. I just won't have time to deal with it until mid April because I am on travel for work right now.

Glocks&Ducs
03-04-2010, 17:08
glocks&ducks,

Just type issc m22 into google and do a search, lots of reviews, some much like yours, some not so much....

LOL. I typed "issc m22" into google and this is the first thread that popped up.

http://vagunforum.net/handguns/beware-the-issc-t1683-14218.html

In this other article, the person that handled my gun return even admits to using their customers as guinea pigs for their first guns.

http://averagejoeshandgunreviews.blogspot.com/2009/11/issc-m22-pistol-chambered-in.html

"Here are the comments that Mike Weisser of ISSC-Austrian Sporting Arms passed along:

'Although certain parts of the gun, particularly the grip, resembles Glock, the external hammer differentiates it from all Glock products, both externally and internally. Actually, the designer of the M22, Wolfram Kriegleder, designed the P22 for Walther, and the internal working of the M22 resemble the P22 more than any Glock.
ISSC has no connection to the H&K MP5 in 22 which is manufactured by another Austrian company known as GSG. We will be bringing in a 22 carbine next year that resembles the FN SCAR.
Like all blowback guns, the M22 likes certain ammunition more than others. In particular, it shoots extremely well with Remington Yellow Jacket and CCI Hi-Vel, solid point. We do get reports about light hits and we continue to tweak the gun every time we run another batch through the factory. The light hits seem to be an issue with either the length of the firing pin or the tension of the firing pin spring. We are testing both possibilities right now. We expected to have some issues with early production and reports from shooters help us to determine what changes need to be made going forward. 22LR ammo is so diverse and loads are so different that it is impossible to test any gun with every brand bit we are confident that with most standard ammunition the gun performs very well.' "

Free Radical
03-04-2010, 17:30
There are so many excellent .22LR pistols on the market. Guns of superior quality, excellent reliability and accuracy.....why would you buy some plastic POS just because it resembles a Glock?

Glocks&Ducs
03-04-2010, 17:55
There are so many excellent .22LR pistols on the market. Guns of superior quality, excellent reliability and accuracy.....why would you buy some plastic POS just because it resembles a Glock?

Well, if it wasn't a POS, it would have been one of those excellent 22s wouldn't it? You just never know until you buy one. The gun actually exhibits quality and is quite accurate when it shoots. The problem is keeping it shooting.

dave333
03-04-2010, 18:15
glocks&ducks, dont give up after the first 2 threads, there are some positive comments about them. Maybe they are the worst POS that have ever been produced, but maybe they found and fixed the initial flaws of the first few pistols, who knows.

bubbala, I dont care about them being glock lookalikes, I just want a .22 plinker that is smaller in size than my Neos and looks and works like a regular gun. Walther p22, Sig mosquitoes, etc fit the bill but they are very hit or miss as far as reliability goes from what I have read.

Free Radical
03-04-2010, 18:31
bubbala, I dont care about them being glock lookalikes, I just want a .22 plinker that is smaller in size than my Neos and looks and works like a regular gun. Walther p22, Sig mosquitoes, etc fit the bill but they are very hit or miss as far as reliability goes from what I have read.

Help me out here. Since I presume that this is not to be a carry gun, what is the emphasis on "smaller?" Full framed pistols have far fewer relaibility problems.
In a .22LR you have so many good choices without going to the "dark side."

dave333
03-04-2010, 19:50
bubbala
This is definately not a carry gun nor would it ever be a bug. I have a target type .22, a beretta neos that is perfectly reliable. It is big, somewhat heavy, not easy to find holsters for, and my wife does not love shooting it. I would like to replace it with a smaller more "gun like" plinker. The issc m22 is about the size of a g19, a sig mosquito is similar in size to a p226, a walther p22 is smaller than either, but the point is they are more "gun like" for lack of a better description and that is what I am looking for.

I know there are some great target type .22's and I have one but am looking for something different. Please enlighten me if you will to some of the great .22's that fit my criteria. Thanks.

Free Radical
03-04-2010, 20:39
In many countries the people cannot own anything larger than a .22LR so this is a rich and well represented field. I am certainly no expert, but I will tell you what I like. I favor the old Clot Huntsman/ Woodsman pistols, but
respect many others. Here are some that come to mind:
S&W 41
Ruger MKII
Ruger 22-45
Browning Buckmark
There are other, well established guns out there. Good shooters all, with reliable track records.
Hope I have helped.
:wavey:

rboatright
03-05-2010, 23:46
Well, without doing a huge mess of quotes, I have a few comments.

1) Sorry about the ejector mistake Glocks&Ducs, that was from a thread on a different forum, not you, and I got mixed up. My bad.

2) Why buy this instead of a 5 star .22lr that every one knows will work 100%?

Well, I shoot a glock 19 as my primary gun. I was looking for a trainer gun, a gun that I could shoot cheaply and get the vast majority of the benefit of shooting the G19.

This gun fits the role perfectly. So, if I can make it work, even CLOSE to reliable, then I'm all good.

Zinc and Plastic don't bother me. Well cared for, carefully cleaned and lubed, zinc will be just fine. See my wife's Walther p22 for proof of that.

3) as to the Recoil spring being better than that on the P22, the problem is that the P22 spring will kink at the point where the guide rod and the extension used to feed it through the slide come together if your hand has the slightest bit of mis-alignment. The two rods "V" out from each other and the spring gets stretched or kinked there. This is "bad." That isn't possible on the M22, if you put your fingertip in the barrel hole on the slide while fitting the slide on, it just goes on, no big deal. And the spring is VASTLY shorter than the P22 spring.

ok, Range report day 3. -- let's summarize:

Day 1 40 rounds of CCI mini mag round nose all OK
. 10 rounds of whitebox winchester all OK
Day 2 100 rounds of CCI mini mag round nose -- all OK
Day 3 100 rounds of CCI mini mag hollow point (wally world was out of roundnose)
. 1 jam at approx 75 rounds,
. bullet nose caught on lower edge of chamber above ramp as described above
. tapped back of slide, bullet slammed home -- fired fine
. 20 rounds of winchester white box unplated round nose -- the range owner
. wanted to shoot it and brought out his own rounds. -- all OK

So that puts me at 270 with 1 jam. Looking at the ramp and chamber, I admit that I am powerfully tempted to take a tapered stone to it and smooth out the lips there, but I've promised myself to wait until at least 500 rounds, since the P22 smoothed out a LOT at around 500.

Honestly, for what I want it for, if it jams once in 250 forever, I will still keep it.

On to the next issue, at 10 meters, the gun shoots about 7 cm high compared to the Glock for the exact same sight picture.

This is because the front sight on this gun is both shorter than the glock's front sight, and the "white dot" sits exactly on the slide rather than being slightly raised. Since the purpose of the gun is to be a trainer for the Glock, very very soon that front sight is coming out and being replaced with a Glock sight. -- this will probably require some epoxy work. Oh well. :)

rboatright
03-05-2010, 23:48
In many countries the people cannot own anything larger than a .22LR so this is a rich and well represented field. I am certainly no expert, but I will tell you what I like. I favor the old Clot Huntsman/ Woodsman pistols, but
respect many others. Here are some that come to mind:
S&W 41
Ruger MKII
Ruger 22-45
Browning Buckmark
There are other, well established guns out there. Good shooters all, with reliable track records.
Hope I have helped.
:wavey:

And if I was wanting to shoot a 22lr as a 22lr, I would have bought the Buckmark or a slab-sided Ruger 22-45. Both are very nice guns and fit my hand well.

But that was NOT the point of buying this one for me.

And yes, yes, please tell me that shooting skill transfers from gun to gun. I know that. Still, the 19 clone is what I wanted. In an ideal world, I would have been able to buy an Advantage arms conversion kit for the 19 for list price and the m22 would never have entered my life. But ...

dave333
03-06-2010, 08:57
rboatright-

Glad to hear your m22 is working well. What are the first 3 letters of your serial number if you dont mind me asking. I really think they made some kind of modification at some point early in the production run since every really bad review of this gun is one of the earliest models out of the factory.

rboatright
03-06-2010, 09:49
aab8xx

ChuteTheMall
03-06-2010, 10:13
I saw several of these at the Richmond VA gunshow last week, all around $300.

I was very tempted, but I don't want to be a beta-tester for a small company, so I'll wait and keep reading these threads for awhile longer.

I would like to know how much these weigh, how much do spare mags cost, and do they actually fit kydex or Glock holsters made for G19 & G17?

:popcorn:

ChuteTheMall
03-06-2010, 10:21
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1014512

Here's last years' entertaining thread on it, where a little "light and truth" claims it's a genuine Glock product.
:whistling:

rboatright
03-06-2010, 20:28
Well, it certainly isn't made by Glock. :)

Size and weight are pretty much indistinguishable from a G 19.

The grip is a TINY bit thinner, and my finger lands on the trigger perhaps 1.3 of the finger pad father palm-ward.

I haven't had a chance to test holsters.

rboatright
03-07-2010, 21:13
Well, it's time to talk about what's WRONG with the gun...

The edges of the step-sided trigger are so sharp that eventually it feels like you've been rubbing your finger over sandpaper. If your finger lands low on the trigger (which mine does, because low means longer lever and less force...) the pointy end of the trigger feels like the finger sticks I use to check my blood sugar.

A while with a bit of sandpaper and some wax and all is well, but that was just stupid.

Be very careful when you're cleaning to make sure the top of the tigger bar and the under-side of the hammer are very very clean or the gun feels like you're drawing the trigger over sandpaper... :(

The finish is brittle, and I expect that by the time I'm done with 500 rounds there will be large areas of paint missing from the slide. There's already paint missing around the safety.

don't mis-understand, I still LIKE it, but above someone mentioned that my posts where sounding like company propaganda. Nope. :)

SlickGlock
03-14-2010, 01:11
dave333,
What about S&W 22a? Seems like a decent gun for a decent price, and reviews are positive.

9mmXRAY
03-14-2010, 02:58
I like it but... I have a problem paying $400 for a 22lr glock clone... considering I pay $425 for a new G17... and I get a box of 100 WWB 9mm for $21

If it was $250 or even $300 I might consider it but... other than that I'd be looking for a used one... or the conversion for my 17.

Glocks&Ducs
03-14-2010, 07:36
Well, it's time to talk about what's WRONG with the gun...

The edges of the step-sided trigger are so sharp that eventually it feels like you've been rubbing your finger over sandpaper. If your finger lands low on the trigger (which mine does, because low means longer lever and less force...) the pointy end of the trigger feels like the finger sticks I use to check my blood sugar.

A while with a bit of sandpaper and some wax and all is well, but that was just stupid.

Be very careful when you're cleaning to make sure the top of the tigger bar and the under-side of the hammer are very very clean or the gun feels like you're drawing the trigger over sandpaper... :(

The finish is brittle, and I expect that by the time I'm done with 500 rounds there will be large areas of paint missing from the slide. There's already paint missing around the safety.

don't mis-understand, I still LIKE it, but above someone mentioned that my posts where sounding like company propaganda. Nope. :)

I'll add another. I recently discovered that the gun won't double tap very quickly. It appears that you can pull the trigger faster than the mechanism has time to reset.

mm6mm6
08-24-2010, 08:24
I just found this thread via a google search and I figured I'd contribute to resurrect it.

I just fired my new ISSC M22 for the first time. The instructions include a big card that says to fire 200 rounds to break it in with either CCI or Blazer ammo.

I fired 75 rounds of CCI Stinger hollowpoints through the M22 without any problems.

Then I tried some Remington Thunderbolt (hot ammo, but cheap) and a 50 round box went off without a hitch from the gun. One round wouldn't fire, but I've found these cheap Remingtons seem to get 1 or 2 rounds per box that won't go off in any .22 I own.

Then I tried Winchester Wildcat ammo (again, cheapest stuff around at about $19.99 for a brick of 500 rounds) and it ran flawlessly through the M22, despite its lead bullets (the Stingers and Thunderbolts are copper plated).

Then I tried Federal .22 lead bullet ammo and they jammed like crazy. Failures to feed, failures to eject, I just gave up. There is something about the Federals in the M22 that just won't work.

I've had the Thunderbolts fail miserably in other .22 guns and the Federals have worked well.

It just goes to show again that .22 pistols are very finicky about ammo. One brand may work well in one gun, but not in another.

I'm just happy that the cheap Thunderbolt and Wildcat ammo functions fine in the M22. Accurate too!

rboatright
08-24-2010, 10:22
Yep. Mine is ok with cheap walmart winchester bulk hollowpoints but hates that thunderbird stuff.

22's are just fussy.

and yes, that's my experiance too, 1 or 2 rounds per box that won't fire in ANY gun.