Clocking a Miculek compensator [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Clocking a Miculek compensator

A6Gator
02-28-2010, 19:00
Anybody tried clocking a Miculek compensator? I put a Miculek compensator on my AR and was wondering if anybody has installed and clocked it. I was going to set it pretty much straight on, but, if clocking it is just a question of tweaking it before cinching it down, I figured it'd be worth it.

From what I've been able to tell, right handed shooters report an "up and right" recoil pattern. I'm thinking to counter that, it would require the vents on the right side to be slightly elevated from a flat, 90 degree plane. Sound right?

A6Gator
03-02-2010, 08:47
Anybody?

marvin
03-02-2010, 18:58
i've been using these brakes for year's, in 3 gun i like them straight up and down. when your're just standing maybe a little clocking would help, but when shooting around walls or under a table ect. i think up and down is the way to go.

faawrenchbndr
03-02-2010, 19:06
I had one on a LR-308 a few years back. I installed mine with the ports at 3 & 9, It shot great, nearly no rise at all.
Brought felt recoil down to .223 Rem feeling. Keeping it straight while tightening the jam nut was a pain.
I held the comp in place with a drop of blue Loctite, then when cured, I ightened the jam nut

A6Gator
03-03-2010, 10:38
Thanks. I figured I'd try shooting it and try to feel/see any differences in positions around the 3/9 o'clock setup. Then marking a line across the jamnut/compensator. Use blue loctite to get the compensator set and tighten like you said. I wondered about the 12/6 setup, but I figured it'd make prone a bit more challenging than I wanted...looks like we're off to the range this weekend.