First Glock-G37 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : First Glock-G37

burgherdude
02-28-2010, 21:35
Hello all, I ordered a G37 and because in PRK they restrict us to one new gun per 30 day period I'm having to wait about 2 weeks before I can take possesion from my FFL. I almost bought a G37 a couple of months ago and was literally talked out of it by the salesman because he said ammo was non-existant. He was trying to sell another caliber for more money and so I passed on an outstanding deal on that G37 because of his input. Two months later the store had them on sale again for the price of $399. By now I had done some homework on the round and its availabilty. It looks like more and more may be giving the 45gap another look and I look forward to shooting it at my favorite Orange County range.

engineer151515
02-28-2010, 21:41
Well, you certainly are in the right forum.

<<< has been shooting my G37 since 2003.
Since you live in CA, internet orders of ammo might not be available to you anymore. I thought (very) recent law changes were going to cut off internet ammo purchases.
If that is the case, you'll want to snuggle up to a gun shop that supplies .45GAP.

The gun itself is a joy to shoot. IMO: one of Glock's best designs.

Cappi
02-28-2010, 21:59
Since you live in CA, internet orders of ammo might not be available to you anymore. I thought (very) recent law changes were going to cut off internet ammo purchases.

I believe that goes into effect Feb 1 2011

That's the note I saw on one of the ammo supplier's web site anyway.

..L.T.A.

burgherdude
02-28-2010, 23:49
I was told the first of the year when the restriction on internet ammo sales goes into effect. Sooo, I've got about 10 months to take advantage of it now. I do have friends who live in AZ, so I can always pick up some when I visit them I suppose. On another note; I noticed Georgia Arms sells some 45GAP at a fairly good price, has anyone tried them?

Thx-1138
03-01-2010, 12:01
I was told the first of the year when the restriction on internet ammo sales goes into effect. Sooo, I've got about 10 months to take advantage of it now. I do have friends who live in AZ, so I can always pick up some when I visit them I suppose. On another note; I noticed Georgia Arms sells some 45GAP at a fairly good price, has anyone tried them?

GA 'Canned Heat' is reloaded factory ammo. It's great stuff for range trips, but I'd stay away from it for Self-Defense.

Personally, if I still lived in CA, I'd either start reloading, or start packing my bags.

StarvinMarvin
03-01-2010, 13:08
On another note; I noticed Georgia Arms sells some 45GAP at a fairly good price, has anyone tried them?

I've shot tons of Georgia-Arms in a few different calibers... It is factory reloads, but the price is right and I like getting the ammo cans it comes in. Perfect easy shooting stuff for the range.

Tang419
03-03-2010, 15:34
GA 'Canned Heat' is reloaded factory ammo. It's great stuff for range trips, but I'd stay away from it for Self-Defense.

Personally, if I still lived in CA, I'd either start reloading, or start packing my bags.

Amen ! Wish we could just chistle Komi-Fornia off from the rest of the US before it spoils anything else. Kind of like getting the rotten apples out of the basket.