Trigger Pin working it's way out? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Pin working it's way out?

shineybore
02-28-2010, 22:43
Quick question...Put together a RRA stripped lower with a DD lower parts kit. Build went smooth. Pins seemed tight like they should. Functioned fine. Well after running 300 flawless rounds through it this weekend I noticed when cleaning it the trigger pin sticking out of the lower a little bit. I had to move the trigger a little to get the pin to line up to seat it correctly. All parts were new. I never had to do this on my factory built RRA.

I don't think that a oversized pin will fit in the hole provided for the stock trigger pin. I don't know if they even make an oversized pin. I would hate to have to keep check on this pin everytime I take her out to throw some lead.

Anyone else have this issue? Any soultions? Fixes?:dunno:

Thanks Shiney...

scottMO
02-28-2010, 23:40
springs installed correctly? Is the hammer spring on top of the trigger pin adding tension to that pin? If that's not the issue, try a different pin. I had a pin that was loose and tried a different pin from a different LPK and it fixed the problem.

A set of KNS pins will solve this as a last resort..

scottMO

Mongosafari
03-01-2010, 00:10
Brownells and several other places sell Anti-Walk pins sets.

HAIL CAESAR
03-01-2010, 01:14
springs installed correctly? Is the hammer spring on top of the trigger pin adding tension to that pin? If that's not the issue, try a different pin. I had a pin that was loose and tried a different pin from a different LPK and it fixed the problem.

A set of KNS pins will solve this as a last resort..

scottMO

Good info and very well stated.

shineybore
03-01-2010, 12:51
Is the trigger and hammer pin the same size?

internal
03-01-2010, 13:33
Somethings not installed right.

Take it apart and look over the tacked "build your own AR" thread on ar15.com to see where you made your mistake.

jetdefiant
03-01-2010, 14:05
I've had this happen to me. Double check your trigger installation. Make sure the end of the hammer spring is sitting ON TOP of the trigger pin. In the past I installed the hammer first and then the trigger second and without the hammer spring to hold the pin in place it would walk out.

Sigtac226
03-01-2010, 16:05
I concur with what has been said here. The trigger pin has a groove (s) in which the hammer spring sits on top of providing tension to keep it from walking out. I had a different issue with my AR. The hammer pin would walk out after I installed a RRA two stage trigger. It seems the new hammer did not have the small "spring" that retains the hammer pin so I bought a set of KNS anti walk pins and they worked great with loctite.

shineybore
03-01-2010, 18:07
Ok, the hammer spring is sitting on top of the trigger pin. I can push the trigger pin out the other side of the reciever a little bit with just the force of the finger(the pin seems a tad to small for the hole) . The hammer pin I cannot do like that. I'm thinking I have a out of spec trigger pin. I took out the trigger pin and flipped it to the oppsite side. Same problem no matter wich side I install it. I gonna try to get another trigger pin from some where. I hate ordering stuff like this thats so small that I pay more for shipping than the part itself.
Thank's All!!!
Shiney

internal
03-01-2010, 18:28
Swap the pin the with the pin the hammer and see if that works out.

The pins are interchangeable, they are the same.

scottMO
03-01-2010, 18:55
Ok, the hammer spring is sitting on top of the trigger pin. I can push the trigger pin out the other side of the reciever a little bit with just the force of the finger(the pin seems a tad to small for the hole) . The hammer pin I cannot do like that. I'm thinking I have a out of spec trigger pin. I took out the trigger pin and flipped it to the oppsite side. Same problem no matter wich side I install it. I gonna try to get another trigger pin from some where. I hate ordering stuff like this thats so small that I pay more for shipping than the part itself.
Thank's All!!!
Shiney

send me your addy and I'll get 2 of them on the way to you as I have plenty of these.

scottMO

HAIL CAESAR
03-01-2010, 19:00
send me your addy and I'll get 2 of them on the way to you as I have plenty of these.

scottMO

Now that is a darn nice thing to do!

shineybore
03-01-2010, 22:38
First I want to thank those that tried to help me. Hat's off to you guys. Next I just won the MORON OF THE MONTH award! :blondmoment:

After beating my head against the wall tonight with these pins. I got out the dial calipers and other various equipment to measure the little bast***s. Well both were the same size. So I moved on to the holes. Both the same size. By now I had to walk away. So, I took the whole trigger group assembly out. Started from scratch. Installed the trigger and disconnector. Then AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I had the hammer spring in wrong. I checked what you guys told me about the spring legs resting on top of the trigger pin. The were resting on to of the trigger pins. But, I don't know how to explain this but, the hammer spring was "backwards?" So, I correctly installed the spring and the tension of the spring clicked into the trigger pin. The pin is rock solid. No movement what so ever.

I can't believe the ar even function correctly with the pin in the way I had it! You should feel the tension in the hammer when you lock it back into the fireing position!!!!!

Again thanks fellas!! I hope to be a help to one of you when you need it.
Shiney!!!!

shineybore
03-01-2010, 22:43

scottMO

ScottMO, That is awesome of you to offer me those. It's a great feeling that guy's like you are out there still. I fixed the problem and would not feel right asking for the pins. Again thanks ScottMO!!!!! Shiney

Case Closed...........

HAIL CAESAR
03-01-2010, 23:47
First I want to thank those that tried to help me. Hat's off to you guys. Next I just won the MORON OF THE MONTH award! :blondmoment:

After beating my head against the wall tonight with these pins. I got out the dial calipers and other various equipment to measure the little bast***s. Well both were the same size. So I moved on to the holes. Both the same size. By now I had to walk away. So, I took the whole trigger group assembly out. Started from scratch. Installed the trigger and disconnector. Then AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I had the hammer spring in wrong. I checked what you guys told me about the spring legs resting on top of the trigger pin. The were resting on to of the trigger pins. But, I don't know how to explain this but, the hammer spring was "backwards?" So, I correctly installed the spring and the tension of the spring clicked into the trigger pin. The pin is rock solid. No movement what so ever.

I can't believe the ar even function correctly with the pin in the way I had it! You should feel the tension in the hammer when you lock it back into the fireing position!!!!!

Again thanks fellas!! I hope to be a help to one of you when you need it.
Shiney!!!!

Aaachhh, it happens to the best of us. Glad you got it sorted out.

jrrich
03-02-2010, 15:54
Don't feel bad. Same thing happened to me on my first build, few months ago.

Part of the learning curve.

Glad you got it squared away.