Springfield Black Stainless [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Springfield Black Stainless

CanIhaveGasCash
03-01-2010, 15:14
I don't seem to see too many of these. Are they uncommon? I've got a Black Stainless Loaded Target and I was thinking or ditching it and putting in an order for a professional. However I was also rolling around the idea of sending it to the custom shop to get some upgrades.

What say you?

Here's a picture for good measure.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e84/canihavegascash/IMG_1530.jpg

HAIL CAESAR
03-01-2010, 16:16
Not really uncommon, but they are not everywhere by no means. ( If that makes sense).

If you like everything about the Pro then get it as that would make better financial sense.

If you just want to change a few things then have your gun tailored to you.

deathpriest
03-19-2010, 10:53
I have one, my first 1911. Not that many in the shops ot GS tables. Idiot scratch very noticeable :(, I know, I should had read much more befor opening the box.
I thought I wanted a piece that required nothing but ammo.

You mught be able to do the upgrades yourself and invest the shipping on the parts :)

Blessings

TexasVine
03-20-2010, 21:50
Personally I am fond of the Black Stainless even though I do not have one.

bac1023
03-20-2010, 23:10
There's a new black stainless Loaded at my favorite local shop.

Bill Lumberg
03-21-2010, 07:46
Awesome guns. I have a regular stainless. Wouldn't mind having a black one.

Brian Brazier
03-21-2010, 13:43
the first 1911 I was gonna buy was the black stainless, but I couldnt find one so I got something else, I would still like to get one with Novak sights (I don't care for target sights)

Sarge55
03-30-2010, 09:13
Picked up the Combat black stainless about three days ago. She's a beauty! After a couple of days of consideration, I decided it was too much "bling" for a duty gun. Besides, I'd hate to get her all buggered up on duty. She's too purty. Put her up for sale. Didn't even get to take her to the range!

kaw77
03-30-2010, 11:26
I owned 1
fragile finish. easily scratched on polished portions, MANY SHARP edges and sliced my hands a few times doing FTF, FTE drills
Range gun only, not for carry
I sold it

BlayGlock
03-30-2010, 12:04
Just send that one in for a fitted match barrel, tritium inserts and tuned trigger. Then you will have a gun that will hold its own in any shooting match if you do your part and will not have to wait. I ordered a 9mm Custom Carry, Black slide, OD frame with a few other things I like back in Feb. The very nice lady at the custom shop said it would take 6-8 months for it to get here.

Cobra64
03-31-2010, 00:55
I don't seem to see too many of these. Are they uncommon? I've got a Black Stainless Loaded Target and I was thinking or ditching it and putting in an order for a professional. However I was also rolling around the idea of sending it to the custom shop to get some upgrades.

What say you?

Here's a picture for good measure.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e84/canihavegascash/IMG_1530.jpg

It looks like pewter color. Is it really that color, or just the lighting?

Cobra64
03-31-2010, 00:58
There's a new black stainless Loaded at my favorite local shop.

Bac, couldja take a picture and e-mail it to me? I've got an idea for the Yost folks. :supergrin: