AA#2--New guy wiht a couple questions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AA#2--New guy wiht a couple questions

Stovetop535
03-01-2010, 16:10
Hello,
I have been reading for the past 2 weeks now in order to start reloading for my g20. I read about aa#2 being a really fast powerd, and have gotten the impression that it might not be a good first choice for reloading some plinking ammo. The only reason I ask is a store locally happens to have some aa#2 in stock. Since powder seems to be difficult to get in general, it would be nice if the #2 would work till I can get something else.

Will I be able to safely load up some plinking ammo with this powder, and just keep everything low?

Thanks,
Alex

MakeMineA10mm
03-01-2010, 20:31
Sure, nothing wrong with that. I've not used AA#2 much in the 10mm, but it's not unlike Red Dot or Bullseye, and those are also used for plinking loads all the time in 10mm (as well as 9mm, 40S&W, and 45ACP).

Stovetop535
03-01-2010, 20:48
Thanks for the response. I just dont want to bite off more than I can chew for the first few reloads in the gun. Some of the stuff I have been reading on aa#2 is a little dated, so im glad it will be fine to use. Lots of good info on the web, but it sure is easy to run across old and dated information.