Competition Springs [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Competition Springs

Sandman_NC
03-01-2010, 20:57
What spring setup would you recommend for a G34 shooting the minimum power factor (125)?

Thanks! :cool:

JR
03-01-2010, 21:06
Pick up a stainless guide rod and start experimenting with different spring weights. The factory weight is 17lbs. You can go down to 11 lbs. or up to 22 lbs. Use the recoil spring weight that proves reliable!

Use your ejected brass to evaluate reliability. A simple rule of thumb:
If the ejected brass is throwing 10 feet or more, you don't have enough spring. Increase the spring weight or reduce your power factor.
If the ejected brass is rolling off your knuckles, you have too much spring. Reduce the spring weight or increase your power factor.

Sandman_NC
03-02-2010, 17:00
Thanks JR! :cool::supergrin: Is there any need to change the striker spring as a set with the recoil springs?

I've heard different spring combo's for the trigger too. I'm looking to make mine lighter & smoother.... any favorite set ups for the trigger?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer questions! :perfect10:

JR
03-02-2010, 17:18
There is no need to change the striker spring unless you start getting light primer strikes.

If you are looking for a custom trigger set up check out the LWD-UTS http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1024