LaRue Stealth or Noveske N4 or BMC SPR. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LaRue Stealth or Noveske N4 or BMC SPR.

hardeyes
03-02-2010, 13:41
Hello;

So I have 1,300 for a new upper, and wanted to know from which mfg to buy from;

I'm torn between the LaRue Stealth, Noveske N4, or the Newer BMC SPR Mk12.

I'm looking for a 18" accurate rifle, that is also shtf reliable.

I'm going to outfit this system with a NF 1x4 scope.

thanks

hardeyes

kabob983
03-02-2010, 13:44
Three excellent choices, you can't go wrong with any of 'em.

Personally for accuracy I hear the LaRue's are tough to beat but I've never fired one (too $$ for my blood).

coverdog
03-02-2010, 13:45
I didn't think you could own them in California. Get the one you like best, I'm sure they will all work.

kabob983
03-02-2010, 14:07
Why not? I assume if they're precision rifles he'll have the option of purchasing them without flash suppressors installed and they will probably all be w/o the A2 FSB which removes the bayonet lug.

KalashniKEV
03-02-2010, 14:27
NOVESKE.

That's my pick. They're all good rifles.

hardeyes
03-02-2010, 15:09
I didn't think you could own them in California. Get the one you like best, I'm sure they will all work.

Hello;

coverdog, they are all legal to own in CA, because uppers are considered 'parts'.

Complete rifles need to be Off the List- ie (no Colts or Armalites because they are banned by name), have a mag lock, and no higher than 10 round capacity.

All the 'evil' features are good to go configured in the above set-up, collapsable stock, flash suppressor, pistol grip, bayonet lug.

My local shop has BCM, LMT, Noveske, Sig 556, AK's, & M1a's.

Only the M1A, has the detachable mag release.

hardeyes

TimP
03-02-2010, 15:39
You cant go wrong with any of them.

Thank being said, I'd prefer the BCM.

Edited to add:

For 1300 you can get a really nice BCM upper. For $1025
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-SS410-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-mid16%20ss410%20pri12black.htm

that leaves you roughly 300 for other goodies. Just sayin

hardeyes
03-02-2010, 15:47
You cant go wrong with any of them.

Thank being said, I'd prefer the BCM.

Edited to add:

For 1300 you can get a really nice BCM upper. For $1025
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-SS410-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-mid16%20ss410%20pri12black.htm

that leaves you roughly 300 for other goodies. Just sayin

Hello;

That looks good, I could also almost buy a create of ammo for that, thanks for the tip.

hardeyes

kabob983
03-02-2010, 16:07
All the 'evil' features are good to go configured in the above set-up, collapsable stock, flash suppressor, pistol grip, bayonet lug.

I actually didn't know this. Then again I haven't really looked at the laws in CA...just assumed they were identical to AWB laws.

hardeyes
03-02-2010, 16:20
Hello;

Yeah, it's weird out here. I can't have a Colt, but I can have a BCM, LMT, Noveske, etc.

It's called 'Off the List' firearms. Listed firearms are very bad for us, so there banned.

Off the List arms, must have a mag lock, and no greater than 10 rd capacity.

These mag locks go on easily, and since they comply with the law, and as long as the capacity is not 10 rounds or greater, It's legal.

Here is a video of a CA AR. Take care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk58s9_KZXY

hardeyes

cgjane
03-02-2010, 17:08
I have a Noveske N4 upper in the ads...

NeverMore1701
03-02-2010, 17:09
Depends how much you want to spend. If it were me buying with your money, I'd go Noveske then BCM. If it were my money, BCM.

BEER
03-02-2010, 17:38
the larue is going to come with extra stuff like stickers, a hat, an armadillo bottle opener and stuff like that.

the noveske is going to come with a sticker.

neither of those details means squat toward the overall quality or performance of the uppers themselves but it might be the tipping point on the decision scale for you. lol

NeverMore1701
03-02-2010, 18:32
The BCM will come with 2-3 stickers, and handy little catalog of their fine wares, and a very nice hat :supergrin:

HAIL CAESAR
03-02-2010, 18:32
None of the above.

Get a White Oak barrel, a matching bolt, a wrench, and blocks.
Build one yourself for WAY less that is at least as accurate if not more.

hardeyes
03-02-2010, 18:48
the larue is going to come with extra stuff like stickers, a hat, an armadillo bottle opener and stuff like that.

the noveske is going to come with a sticker.

neither of those details means squat toward the overall quality or performance of the uppers themselves but it might be the tipping point on the decision scale for you. lol

Hello;

I got 2 stickers today, and the little armadillo, I've let my Rifles sit out for a bit, as I'm messing with the little armadillo. :supergrin:

I like being pampered, I'm going see if next time they can throw in a hat.

hardeyes

HAIL CAESAR
03-02-2010, 18:52
Hello;

I got 2 stickers today, and the little armadillo, I've let my Rifles sit out for a bit, as I'm messing with the little armadillo. :supergrin:

I like being pampered, I'm going see if next time they can throw in a hat.

hardeyes

Ow, Ow, Ow...hopefully you'll get the tactical black grocery bag or the tactical paint mixer next!!!!!

:rofl:

hardeyes
03-02-2010, 18:53
Hello;

No one was picking up the phone at BCM, I called to ask them about their SPR upper, and about the availability, but I could not get thru.

Then I checked on Noveske, But I think I missed out on their free lower.

LaRue answered and told me it would be 2-3 weeks on the Stealth, as they would be putting everything together by hand.

I'm leaning LaRue, but I'm going to try to see what BCM says about their SPR.

Then again, I'm eyeballing the upper TimP told me about.

Keep those ideas coming, & I'll get back to everyone here about BCM.

Thanks

hardeyes

hardeyes
03-02-2010, 18:58
Ow, Ow, Ow...hopefully you'll get the tactical black grocery bag or the tactical paint mixer next!!!!!

:rofl:

Hello;

I'm trying to find a spot in the safe for the armadillo, after all it is a tactical bottle opener, and that may one day save my life.

HAHAHA :rofl: This stuff is Killing Me!!!

hardeyes

furioso2112
03-02-2010, 19:35
That's a nice decision to have to make. BCM is the newest, they seem to be a go-to name these days (not a negative thing, I have a BCM upper and it's outstanding and a great value). LaRue is second most recent (IIRC), and they seem to have top-notch fit and finish, built to last and purpose driven; I have some of their mounts, but no 'major' assemblies. Noveske also has a stellar reputation, I have none of their stuff. I'm interested to see what you pick and why.

Oh - LaRue and BCM sent me lots of swag with each of my orders - hats and stickers from both, a dillo and dillo dust from LaRue. I don't let that influence my decisions. I have more hats than I can cover my thinning hair with in a lifetime, and I don't stick stickers on anything I own. I intend to give one of the LaRue "God Bless our Troops, Especially our Snipers" stickers to a neighbor who has USMC Sniper stickers on his vehicles.

NeverMore1701
03-02-2010, 21:11
I've found it's easier to contact BCM by e-mail. It may take a day or two, but they WILL get back to you, and do their best to answer any questions. Very helpful folks.

phxfa
03-02-2010, 21:47
Hello;

No one was picking up the phone at BCM, I called to ask them about their SPR upper, and about the availability, but I could not get thru.

Then I checked on Noveske, But I think I missed out on their free lower.

LaRue answered and told me it would be 2-3 weeks on the Stealth, as they would be putting everything together by hand.

I'm leaning LaRue, but I'm going to try to see what BCM says about their SPR.

Then again, I'm eyeballing the upper TimP told me about.

Keep those ideas coming, & I'll get back to everyone here about BCM.

Thanks

hardeyes
I ordered a Noveske upper last Fri and they still had free blem lowers,,

thisaway
03-02-2010, 23:26
I think I'd get a Noveske, if they are still offering the free stripped lowers...that beats hell out of stickers & hats in my book!

HAIL CAESAR
03-03-2010, 12:14
I think I'd get a Noveske, if they are still offering the free stripped lowers...that beats hell out of stickers & hats in my book!

I agree. If yo just have to pick one of the three above, get a Novekse and go buy your own tactical meat tenderizer, tactical beer opener, tactical paint can mixer, and tactical grocery purse. Or buy the Noveske and skip the bull**** stuff.

SIGShooter
03-03-2010, 13:31
Hello;

So I have 1,300 for a new upper, and wanted to know from which mfg to buy from;

I'm torn between the LaRue Stealth, Noveske N4, or the Newer BMC SPR Mk12.

I'm looking for a 18" accurate rifle, that is also shtf reliable.

I'm going to outfit this system with a NF 1x4 scope.

thanks

hardeyes

I know you didn't list this one, but for another $180 you could go with this company.

http://www.highcalibersales.com/Site/MK12_MOD1.html

They just built me a full MK12 MOD1 over an LMT lower with an A2 stock.

If you're looking for long range applications I would recommend this company! The guy who builds the uppers is the same guy who builds them for Crane Indiana for SOCOM.

However, if you're not interested in this company I would say go with Noveske.

hardeyes
03-03-2010, 13:41
Hello;

Thanks for the tip SIGShooter, I'll look into that.

Noveske is out of Lowers, So that deal is a no go.

I'm waiting on BCM to reply back to e-mail.

Thank you all for the info. I feel like there is almost too many options for these rifles. The choices are endless.

hardeyes

SIGShooter
03-03-2010, 13:52
Hello;

Thanks for the tip SIGShooter, I'll look into that.

Noveske is out of Lowers, So that deal is a no go.

I'm waiting on BCM to reply back to e-mail.

Thank you all for the info. I feel like there is almost too many options for these rifles. The choices are endless.

hardeyes

Highcaliber Sales is a stocking dealer of LMT lowers.

LMT is one of the better lowers out there besides Colt. That's just personal opinion though.

I got my lower, complete w/A2 stock and ambi-safety for:

$360.00

That was fitted and test fired prior to the rifle ever leaving.

Alaskapopo
03-05-2010, 00:08
I have a Noveske N4 upper in the ads...

Sorry but its against the rules to list items for sale outside of the add forums.
Pat

hardeyes
03-07-2010, 14:40
Hello;

I have a little info, BCM SPR MK 12 uppers have a 6-8 week wait on them, I asked if I could order them up as a back-order item, and they said no back-orders.

So I left a e-mail me when in stock.

LaRue has the Stealth system available, If I order the Stealth it's a 3 week wait, while they assemble it. I like that, because I know their going to take their time, and make sure everything is good. I like LaRue.

I don't know if I should wait tho, on their OBR Lite version of the 5.56. Maybe buy the Stealth, and then a OBR?

The local shop, has the Noveske Uppers in, and a complete Noveske Rife as well but it's a 16", and I was looking for a 18 SPR. It's price is $2,000 otd.

So tomorrow I'm going to go look at the Noveske, and see how she talks to me.

I thank you gents for all the advise, I still have a lot to think about, and will post up which way I go.

thanks

hardeyes

lphil
03-07-2010, 16:55
I'm also looking at LaRue but not for any of the reasons above. You see LaRue, is based in Leander, which is about an hour and a half from my home in Waco. There just something about supporting the local community that appeals to me.:supergrin:

NeverMore1701
03-07-2010, 17:05
But then ya gotta pay sales tax, which on something like that, is quite a chunk of change.

lphil
03-07-2010, 17:51
But then ya gotta pay sales tax, which on something like that, is quite a chunk of change.

True, but I like my money to stay local.

Sil
03-08-2010, 01:22
Not sure if you made the choice yet but I picked up a 18/13.2 stealth upper last year and have found no faults in it yet. I did a lot of research and it had everything I was looking for. Still no regrets..save for the fact that I don't have anywhere to really stretch out it's range locally...and I have no real need for a SPR ha.

hardeyes
03-08-2010, 02:43
Hello;

Sil, still haven't made my move, I'm looking & re-searching everything I can.

I like LaRue, just because of the way they do business, very professional. They also have a lot of quality products, this is what drew me to their Stealth Upper.

I was looking into BCM, but their SPR is not available yet.

I also like Noveske, and know they are a solid company, handled a few of their rifles, uppers-- Nice. To bad I didn't shoot one, as everytime I handled a Noveske it was at a friends house, or the local shop.

I know either one is going to be a great purchase, now it's just a matter of choice.

Sil, How do you like the 18" with 13.2 rail? That would be my only question to you.

thank-you

hardeyes

HAIL CAESAR
03-08-2010, 09:07
Hello;

I like LaRue, just because of the way they do business, very professional. They also have a lot of quality products, this is what drew me to their Stealth Upper.

I also like Noveske, and know they are a solid company, handled a few of their rifles, uppers-- Nice. To bad I didn't shoot one, as every time I handled a Noveske it was at a friends house, or the local shop.

I know either one is going to be a great purchase, now it's just a matter of choice.

Sil, How do you like the 18" with 13.2 rail? That would be my only question to you.

thank-you

hardeyes

Don't get me wrong, LaRue makes very good gear, some of the best. And he has a excellent guarantee. But I rarely hear "professional" and "LaRue" mixed in the same sentence.:rofl:

Really, is picking between LaRue and Noveske SS uppers...flip a coin. I've had them both and both were very good.

Never had a BCM SS, but hear from good people they are good gear.

But as I said before, neither of the ones above are the "end all" of accuracy.

Sil
03-08-2010, 12:28
Hello;

I also like Noveske, and know they are a solid company, handled a few of their rifles, uppers-- Nice. To bad I didn't shoot one, as everytime I handled a Noveske it was at a friends house, or the local shop.

thank-you

hardeyes

As far as the rail choice.. the weight difference between the 12 inch and 13.2 was nothing..so it was all aesthetics to me really. It is a lot of rail, especially since I'm not one to mount a lot of **** on my rifles but it looked/looks right to me. No complaints/regrets.

Old picture when I first got it, sporting a temp scope sans bipod, sling and BUIS.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq8/Sileightyfive/GEDC0605.jpg

I was pretty much in your same position.. stuck between Larue and Noveske. After alot of thinking/research I decided on a Larue SPR and a Noveske M4gery.

hardeyes
03-08-2010, 12:45
Hello;

:thumbsup:

Thanks for all the info, appreciate it. That Rifle looks very well done, good job.

My next project is going to be a Vltor MUR, With Noveske 20" SS Barrel, & DD lite rail system.

Take care

hardeyes

Sil
03-08-2010, 13:42
Hello;

:thumbsup:

Thanks for all the info, appreciate it. That Rifle looks very well done, good job.

My next project is going to be a Vltor MUR, With Noveske 20" SS Barrel, & DD lite rail system.

Take care

hardeyes

Sounds like the start of a good custom build good luck.

As for my build the rifle in the picture was pretty plain/simple...but such is my taste.

smullen
08-30-2010, 12:48
OP Hardeyes, where are you on this??? Quickly skimming, I did not see any mroe updates about final choice...

LOL, I went though the exact same choice or descision a few months ago... LT, Noveske, or BCM

After reading article after articles in Mags and other websites, post after post on all the many forums, pouring over the site and shooting a few other peoples builds, I chose the LT and did a Stealth rig build.. LT-Upper 18" Barrel w /13.2" Rails, LT Lower, etc... Won't bore you with all the details...

(can post pics and more details later if ya like)..

I was wanting to build a nice quality AR for 100+Yard shots... I wanted somethign I felt would be accurate and durable...

After seeing calling and emailing Mark LaRue and a few other folks at LT a few times with my dumb questions, seeing how they treated me then, plus how they dealt with other folks questions and a few issues, then shooting one that another local shooter put together, I was sold...

Another Plus for LT, was a few Satuarday nights ago, I ran into an issue while assembling my new stick... Being late Sat, I knew LT was closed, but I really wanted to shoot sunday, I posted my question to LTs industry partner section on another site...

A bit later Mark not only answered my question and provided me a video link, showing how to do what I was asking... I was off and running...

In that Sunday morning, I finished her up, went to the range and put over a 100 rounds down range, with not one single issue...

I want to spend some more time dialing it in, but I was doing groups of 3 - 5 rounds that you could cover with a quarter...

Not bragging good, but not real bad for 1st time out and me being a crappy shooter... I think the gun could way out preform me...

I spent a few bucks on this build, but I do not regret a dime of it.... Now I'm looking at building it a little brother in a 12" SBR

Next year, I want to step up to one of their OBRs ( in .308), which I have already got to try out... WOOD!!!!! I had after shooting that thing...