Ak Mags [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ak Mags

JGguns
03-02-2010, 18:47
Alright fellas I am ordering my arsenal sgl21 tom. and was trying to find some things for my gf to get me for my b-day. What do you think about these mags? I would order ten so that would knock a $1 of each mag I think. If these arnt any good can someone point me in the righ direction for getting some good quality mags without breaking the bank(if its possible) Thanks alot

Wow didnt put the link to the mags yesterday! I am the man...

Link to mags I am thinking of getting.
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47E30&groupid=15

Chevytruckin98
03-02-2010, 18:51
I would say buy 6-8 steel mags for the range, and later on get yourself a couple of Bulgarian waffle mags for safekeeping. Also, buy yourself some ammo....

JGguns
03-02-2010, 18:57
Yeah I will have about 4 waffles coming with it and 1k rounds ariving soon.... Just want to stock up on mags and figured if there good at that price I should jump on it. The gun show prices were like 20 a piece!

my762buzz
03-02-2010, 19:36
Yeah I will have about 4 waffles coming with it and 1k rounds ariving soon.... Just want to stock up on mags and figured if there good at that price I should jump on it. The gun show prices were like 20 a piece!

Just a fair warning. The only waffle mags worth owning are the Real bulgarian
surplus circle 10 on the side mags. The rest are a waste of money.
Only the circle ten mags have steel reinforcements. They retail around $25 to $30.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/images/d_1047.jpg

fnfalman
03-02-2010, 21:45
Let's make it very simple: real commies made steel mags. Not Bulgie waffle with questionable specs, not Pro-Mag or anything that claimed USA Made, not Korean or Asian Made.

Steel. Commies (ChiCom) or ex-commies (Bulgarian, Romanian, Yugoslavian, Russian, East German).

Riggs23
03-02-2010, 22:55
Personally I like the steel 30 Rnd Chinese mags the best. They are of equal quality compared to European, but the have a smooth spine as opposed to the rib back of the Euro mag.

Try them out...you'll like them.

CarlosC
03-03-2010, 06:18
I prefer the original steel commie mags too.

rem2429
03-03-2010, 08:24
A loaded steel AK mag is a blunt weapon all to itself. Stout.

PlasticGuy
03-03-2010, 11:20
My favorite is the Bulgarian "Circle 10" waffle mags, and it is the only polymer AK mag worth owning. After that, anything made of steel from Eastern Europe is good, and so are Chinese mags.

boston strangler
03-03-2010, 11:30
I prefer commie steel for the price but if you are looking to drop bulgy waffle $$$ then the new mags from US Palm seem to be gaining respect in the AK community.

PlasticGuy
03-03-2010, 11:50
I prefer commie steel for the price but if you are looking to drop bulgy waffle $$$ then the new mags from US Palm seem to be gaining respect in the AK community.
I know Suarez loves them. I haven't had a chance to fondle one yet, so I reserve judgement.

G23c
03-03-2010, 14:40
commie steel for me. cheaper too.

JGguns
03-03-2010, 15:51
I have always heard good about the circle tens so I figured I would try some out. But I will be getting these mags.

WOW I am a genious just realized I didnt ppost the link so no one could look at the mags I am thinking about getting. Awsome! Here is the link

fnfalman
03-03-2010, 21:06
I have always heard good about the circle tens so I figured I would try some out. But I will be getting these mags.

WOW I am a genious just realized I didnt ppost the link so no one could look at the mags I am thinking about getting. Awsome! Here is the link

I got some of those good Bulgarian plastic mags when they were the same price as the steel mags, but I wouldn't pay the current asking price for them. They are barely lighter than the steel mags.

RWBlue
03-03-2010, 21:56
AimSurplus usually has good stuff for a fair price.

But, if I had a girl friend and she was going to get/do something for me for my birthday....I wouldn't be thinking of using that gun. (this is my rifle, this is my gun)

Line Rider
03-04-2010, 15:01
Aimsurplus is a very honest company to do business with. I've bought fro them serveral times. I believe they're a small family run business.

The best thing about ordering 10+ is that you have extra. Mags will get damaged. AK mags are cheap buy'em cheap and stack'em deep.

CarlosC
03-04-2010, 15:06
Just realize the mags that Aimsurplus is selling as European mags are really Chinese magazines. Simple mistake. Nothing wrong with that...I really like the Chinese magazines.

JGguns
03-04-2010, 15:40
Thanks carlos definately didnt know that....

sjones
03-07-2010, 18:24
I bought 3 of the circle 10 mags for about $120 total including shipping.Man when I got them was I disapointed.They wouldn't fit down in my mag well.I have an ak built by Lancaster.I just blew 120.00.I worked about 3 hours filing them down enough to fit in my mag well.I'll never waste my money on any more.The steel mags work like they are supposed to,no problems.Hell the tapco mags work better than the bulgarians.to me they are P.O.S.

Kalmah
03-07-2010, 18:44
I like the 20 round Hungarian mags. I just find them a little less cumbersome than the 30 round mags. And for every three you buy at AIM, you get a free mag pouch.

fnfalman
03-07-2010, 19:18
I just read up on the US Palm mags. I don't think that I'd want a mag that I can't disassemble for cleaning. They said all you have to do is dip the mags in soapy water and let it drain out through the follower, which has a vented cut.

Sorry, but I can think of lots of times and places where you don't have hot, soapy water to clean your mags with.

War Hammer
03-07-2010, 21:18
I just read up on the US Palm mags. I don't think that I'd want a mag that I can't disassemble for cleaning. They said all you have to do is dip the mags in soapy water and let it drain out through the follower, which has a vented cut.

Sorry, but I can think of lots of times and places where you don't have hot, soapy water to clean your mags with.

Also, it has been proven that there is no steel reinforcement in the feed lips as US Palm had claimed. After pics of a broken mag were posted on the 'net, their official response is that was "typo."

"The feed lips and locking surfaces are reinforced by a stainless steel cage that has been molded into the entire top of the magazine to further ensure reliability for years of trouble free service."

Helluva "typo," huh? Add to that the BS on they've been shoveling about them selling mags to clandestine government agencies that they can't disclose, and are just now beginning "civilian sales," and this is a company that I just can't trust. For $30 a pop, these mags are a pure mall ninja waste of money.

En9999
03-21-2010, 13:47
Are the Bulgarian Circle 10 waffle mags really worth the $28 to $30?
I've heard nothing but good things about the surplus European steel ones that AIM sells (http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47E30&groupid=15). Most come brand new, and they're only $10 a piece.

Adionik
03-21-2010, 15:41
http://www.royaltigerimports.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=3&Itemid=53&TreeId=6

I picked up some Romanian Steel Magazines for $8 bucks....i'll post up a review when they get here.

my762buzz
03-21-2010, 23:12
Are the Bulgarian Circle 10 waffle mags really worth the $28 to $30?

They are the only polymer waffle mags that have steel embedded in critical areas like the feed lips, front catch, rear catch, and front spine. If you absolutely want to have a waffle mag for a reliable function , the bulgarian circle 10 are the way to go. That is not to say that the steel surplus mags are any less desirable, but for those that happen to want a polymer waffle
mag in their collection the best one are the circle ten. The all steel mags
are still the best economic choice in today's magazine market.

whistler52
03-22-2010, 16:50
They are the only polymer waffle mags that have steel embedded in critical areas like the feed lips, front catch, rear catch, and front spine. If you absolutely want to have a waffle mag for a reliable function , the bulgarian circle 10 are the way to go. That is not to say that the steel surplus mags are any less desirable, but for those that happen to want a polymer waffle
mag in their collection the best one are the circle ten. The all steel mags
are still the best economic choice in today's magazine market.

This is a good summary of the pro's and con's of the Bulgarian waffles. A lot of people believe they are the best all around AK mag - light, no rust, function well, the body doesn't dent. They are a little wider than the steel mags, but the polymer covered feed lips tend to wear in a bit.

Another advantage of the Bulgarian waffles is that they are pretty clean inside - no rust, just disassemble and wipe off the spring. Many of the surplus steel mags have some amount of rust/dirt inside that I like to clean out before using the mag.

The Bulgarian waffles are better than any other polymer AK mag (although the new polymer AK mag from US Palm looks promising). The Bulgarian waffles are getting harder to find and going up in price.

Buy one or two and see if YOU think they're worth twice as much as the excellent surplus steel mags.

KaliJuan
03-23-2010, 00:15
I just ordered two of these http://sgcusa.com/p3857/US-PALM-AK30-Magazine-Black/product_info.html

I have heard some good reviews as this US company is working to make a highly reliable poly mag and hoping to give the the Circle 10's a run for their money.

Looking forward to getting them :)

Take Care Friends

- J

JGguns
03-24-2010, 18:29
Well my surpkus mags from aims work great! I am very happy with them. No problems at all so far...

Bandolero
03-25-2010, 17:49
Just finished a weekend AK rifle course using the new Palm AK magazines from One Source Tactical. They worked like a charm. :supergrin:

RWBlue
03-25-2010, 18:12
Just finished a weekend AK rifle course using the new Palm AK magazines from One Source Tactical. They worked like a charm. :supergrin:

Who with?