10mm ammo available! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 10mm ammo available!

jeremiahjj
03-02-2010, 18:54
Heads up! 180 gr. 10mm ammo is available at Natchez Shooting Supplies:

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=HO9126&src

Price seems reasonable: $15 and change for a box of 20 (if you order 10 boxes). I've had this on order since June of last year. Suggest others order up before it goes away again. I've heard it's good stuff.

Cineski
03-03-2010, 10:57
I was looking at these, too, but seems like a light weight load considering the velocity it's rated at.

jeremiahjj
03-03-2010, 11:58
Could be. But given the paucity of 10mm ammo elsewhere (as in none at all), the price isn't bad. My choice for guaranteed nuclear is Buffalo Bore or DT.

Or one's own reloads.

agtman
03-03-2010, 13:42
I was looking at these, too, but seems like a light weight load considering the velocity it's rated at.

1180fps from 5" barrels (though sometimes this XTP load has been chrono-ed a bit hotter @ 1200fps).

Of the various "mid-range" 10mm loads out there, it's not bad. Better than some lots of down-loaded STHPs (as vetted from real-world barrels), and the XTP-HP has superior penetrative capabilities as well.

:cool:

jeremiahjj
03-03-2010, 14:00
Not many people know the Mighty 10 leaves the .45 ACP, 40 S & W, 357 Sig and 9mm Parabellum far behind. I am just grateful anytime stuff shows up on the shelves. Perception is everything, but we all know that -- otherwise, we wouldn't be reading this thread or shooting 10s. They are too much gun for some hands in the hotter loads, but most men can handle 'em.

agtman
03-03-2010, 15:24
Not many people know the Mighty 10 leaves the .45 ACP, 40 S & W, 357 Sig and 9mm Parabellum far behind. *** They are too much gun for some hands in the hotter loads, but most men can handle 'em ...

... which is why you often hear us say to those Brokeback Mountaineers who wander into 10mm land:

"Don't step-up, if you can't man-up." :cool:
http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo166/agtman/248197.jpg

:supergrin:

jeremiahjj
03-03-2010, 17:06
Which could also be why we don't shoot with limp wrists.

NOW SHUT MY MOUTH!!!!!!!!

hill billy
03-04-2010, 08:08
Heads up! 180 gr. 10mm ammo is available at Natchez Shooting Supplies:

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=HO9126&src

Price seems reasonable: $15 and change for a box of 20 (if you order 10 boxes). I've had this on order since June of last year. Suggest others order up before it goes away again. I've heard it's good stuff.

So $75 a hundred? Wow, would you like to buy some 10mm from me?

jeremiahjj
03-04-2010, 08:35
It's like anything else where market economics apply: limited supply + high demand = high prices. You can't find 10mm hunting loads in retail stores anymore. If you want it you gotta pay the price. Check prices at Double Tap and Buffalo Bore for comparison. Or go in business yourself and 10mm shooters might beat a path to your door.

GarryK
03-04-2010, 23:02
You can get some similar ammo (JHP or FMJ) from Georgia Arms for around .41/round. They have 200g, 180, and 165.

www.georgia-arms.com (http://www.georgia-arms.com)

I just ordered 500 rounds of Remington FMJ target ammo and some pretty hot Buffalo Bore SD rounds from Cabela's. $27/box for the Remi and about $24 for the 20 rounds of SD.

It's out there, you just have to get it shipped. Nothing local, anywhere.

How is that even possible?:dunno:

jeremiahjj
03-05-2010, 01:48
Price won't go down until more people own and shoot 10mm handguns. Thank the FBI for that -- they switched to .40 S & W and there went demand for the superior round. In the meantime, it's reloading or whatever Cabela, DT, Georgia Arms, Natchez or Buffalo Bore want to sell us.

Reloading is where it's at (to use bad grammar). Buy all the cases you can afford, hunt down primers by the thousands, get a few pounds of powder, a press and a couple of manuals to read first. Then build or buy a bench and you're ready to go for it. Not a problem for a real shooter.

You might think about buying a gun before you do all this, though. I like my G20SF. Even bought a 6" SS barrel, just to maximize velocity in the woods.

cowboywannabe
03-05-2010, 11:40
anybody have a phone number for Reed's Ammo?

their prices are good for true 10mm ammo.....100 rounds of true 10mm powered h.p. ammo for $75.00 shipped!

but i cant find their phone number anywhere on the page to call them and ensure shipping dates, ammo availablity....et cetera.

hill billy
03-05-2010, 11:52
It's like anything else where market economics apply: limited supply + high demand = high prices. You can't find 10mm hunting loads in retail stores anymore. If you want it you gotta pay the price. Check prices at Double Tap and Buffalo Bore for comparison. Or go in business yourself and 10mm shooters might beat a path to your door.
Ok, I'm in business, I'll wait for a PM. :supergrin:

Seriously.

jeremiahjj
03-05-2010, 12:08
Ok, I'm in business, I'll wait for a PM. :supergrin:

Seriously.

There's a saying that when business is good you should advertise. When business is bad you MUST advertise. You wanna sell ammo -- advertise. 'Course, there's a little thing called liability insurance you should carry. Might be kinda important in case of a ka-boom. I'm guessing the cost might keep some folks out of the business. Or at least you'd have to have a certain number of orders in order to afford it. I got tired of waiting for people to stock the stuff and got into reloading. A little tough finding primers, but I finally got 'em.

jeremiahjj
03-05-2010, 12:12

their prices are good for true 10mm ammo.....100 rounds of true 10mm powered h.p. ammo for $75.00 shipped!

but i cant find their phone number anywhere on the page to call them and ensure shipping dates, ammo availablity....et cetera.

They want to do business by email only. info@reedsammo.com or sales@reedsammo.com. I don't know anything about 'em.

Cineski
03-08-2010, 16:19
Reed's Ammo is good to do business with. I've yet to try the ammo since it arrived, but if you email them, expect an answer. What's on their website isn't always in stock as I found out.

Teecher45
03-09-2010, 10:08
Hey guys, this is my first post and was needing some help. I finally took the leap (I was raised on a .45) and have a G20c on the way. The guy is looking for some 175 gr. Silvertips but not getting my hopes up. He suggested Georgia Arms. I will be packing it in the woods (S. Colorado) and the SOB for CCW. Been told 135's for BG's and Double Tap for the four-legged kind. Best rounds for both?

robbran144
03-09-2010, 10:19

emailed them this weekend....there reply

At this time we only have 1 box of 180g GDHP and 2 boxes of 165g TMJ on the
shelf. Everything else is sold out