New Trigger !!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Trigger !!!

Shooter32
03-02-2010, 22:45
I just wanted to let you guys know that i just installed a new trigger in my 34 today and went to the range to give a test run .. All i can say is WOW !! I have finally found the perfect trgger for the Glock pistol and believe me i have spent a small fourtune trying to find it . The Edge trigger from GlockTriggers is by far the best trigger out there . Try one and you will be a believer the same as i am !!! :wow:

http://glocktriggers.com

jhayesvw
03-02-2010, 22:59
looks pretty reasonable

goosedowner1
03-03-2010, 04:17
What did you end up with for a pull weight?

Shooter32
03-03-2010, 07:57
The pull weight is 2.6lbs , but it feels lighter because it is so crisp and soild . It has a great feel and the let off and reset are super !!:cool:

openrange
03-04-2010, 12:34
Tried the trigger in 2 guns, the light version and the more stock version. Both were improvements over stock with one being really quite light and crisp for competition. I don't like to admit a nicer trigger will make me shoot better because I feel I need to correct my mistakes.... BUT.... both triggers made me shoot better as any discrepancies in my trigger pull were mitigated by a short reset and a lighter pull. I shot tighter groups. The trigger design seems to keep all the stock safeties in play (drop,trigger etc) where some others have defeated these safeties by their design. Well thought out.

jhayesvw
03-04-2010, 19:00
The pull weight is 2.6lbs , but it feels lighter because it is so crisp and soild . It has a great feel and the let off and reset are super !!:cool:

i would like you to remove your trigger group and send it to me for my inspection. LOL
i know i would shoot faster and more accurately with a better trigger, but if others can outshoot me with the same gun, then the issue is me and i would like to correct that.

but if i had the money, i would buy the trigger.

lethal tupperwa
03-04-2010, 19:15
Funny "better and faster-------------

Give a good shooter a stock gun and try to keep up

The gadgets won't help you.

jhayesvw
03-04-2010, 20:55

thats what i said.

openrange
03-05-2010, 14:45
Yeah I believe that too... yet... if you need to get better, faster, a little help never hurts.... I haven't met a pro tennis player who doesn't have the latest in equipment... or a pro anybody. Yeah, I'm a mere mortal but sometimes a good group makes me smile.

MSgt Dotson
03-06-2010, 07:58
The post sounds like a veiled advertisement, truthfully...; as soon as I read it, I looked at the post count. :whistling:

:wavey:

openrange
03-06-2010, 18:16
Dear MSgt Dotson;

The manufacturer of the trigger asked me to try it and I did. I gave my honest opinions. If you look at what I post you will see I hold GSSF matches at my facility. I post when I have scores to share or info to share. I don't get into lots of posts, but the manufacturer is a customer of my range, he was excited about the product and wanted me to try it.

I tried it and I liked it. I gave my opinion. Have you tried his trigger or are you trying to discount this post for some less-than-forthright reason?

Respectfully submitted.

mteagle1
03-07-2010, 10:57

This may be true but very few Grand Master shooters are shooting completely stock guns. Even Dave Sevigny's Glock's are not showroom stock. If gadgets didn't help then there wouldn't be so many places selling them. A trigger replacement is not going to help me beat Sevigny but it may help me improve my placement in a match where times are measured to 10 thousands of a second.

jhayesvw
03-07-2010, 15:01
This may be true but very few Grand Master shooters are shooting completely stock guns. Even Dave Sevigny's Glock's are not showroom stock. If gadgets didn't help then there wouldn't be so many places selling them. A trigger replacement is not going to help me beat Sevigny but it may help me improve my placement in a match where times are measured to 10 thousands of a second.

very true.
if the modification makes it easier for the owner of the firearm to shoot more quickly and accurately, then its up to them if they want it or not.

personally, im not sure if i will stay stock, or modify.

PhoneCop
03-08-2010, 16:56

Semi-true. A better shooter is a bette shooter.

Sorry, this is untrue. The gadgets can and often do help; if they didn't nobody would spend thousands of dollars for better guns and hundreds of dollars on optical sights.

I once had to shoot for a while with my Kimber Custom II as opposed to my Kimber Supermatch II. It made a difference.