Kimber Custom II vs Custom TLE II [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kimber Custom II vs Custom TLE II

jstang
03-03-2010, 02:53
Does anyone know the difference in the Kimber Custom II and the Kimber Custom TLE II. All it seems to be off the site is some front strap checkering but I can't see that being a $200 difference.

Thanks
J

silversport
03-03-2010, 05:49
front strap checkering and night sights...WELL worth $200 if you want those things...if not, the Custom II is the bargain in the Kimber line...
Bill

jstang
03-03-2010, 12:18
Went to my local shop today and held them both I understand now its Well worth the extra money.

Thanks

bac1023
03-04-2010, 15:34
Its definitely worth the extra dollars if you're going to carry it. Checkering goes a long way.

I got the base Custom II for the range.

SouthpawShootr
03-04-2010, 16:00
The Custom II and TLEII is the same gun, but the TLEII has the checkering and comes with night sights. Kimber has some very nice night sights. The checkering is a great thing to have. My TLE was $100 more than a plain Custom II sitting next to it. I consider the checkering and night sights well worth the difference in price. I would cost more than $200 to have these two things done after the gun left the factory.

bac1023
03-04-2010, 16:02
I would cost more than $200 to have these two things done after the gun left the factory.

No doubt.

glock2740
03-04-2010, 16:20
Does anyone know the difference in the Kimber Custom II and the Kimber Custom TLE II. All it seems to be off the site is some front strap checkering but I can't see that being a $200 difference.

Thanks
J
Night sights and front strap checkering are pretty much the difference. It would cost you $200 to have front strap checkering done, plus a refinish. And night sights alone are $100+, along with the added expense of having them installed. The TLE is the best bang for the buck that Kimber offers IMO.

Navitimer
03-04-2010, 17:11
Definately go with the TLE II out of the two. As others have said the night sights (Meprolites if I recall) are outstanding - nice and bright. The front strap checkering really does make a positive difference in grip feel.

rottboy_8
03-10-2010, 03:35
Have got the Kimber Custom TLE/RL II which is being used regularly (as with all my pistols) for IDPA. Before making the purchase (used), my range buddie knew I was in the hunt for the "right-priced" 1911 and that I was being cheap about it (last year August). Made me shoot his Custom II Stainless (completely stock) and was so impressed, started the search for "the perfect used" Kimber.
That buddie shot my Kimber two weeks ago and we both agree, aside from add-ons (rail and night sights), both our guns fire exactly the same. Smooth and accurate with neither being modified internally (both with Series 80 firing pin safety intact). We both felt the TLE/RL had a better balance contributing to improved re-sighting.
IMO, Kimbers have the best trigger action "out of the box", in the sub $1,000 range. Happy shooting fellas!!!!
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww40/pll911senna/KimberCustomTLERLIIwithHogueMagwell.jpg