Purse Carry [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Purse Carry

puckhead
03-03-2010, 12:24
To start out, my new girlfriend is very interested in guns and carrying. She doesn't want to carry on her person all the time but I mentioned in a purse and she liked that idea. She doesnt want to get a new purse with a separate gun pocket. Are there any holsters designed for purse use? Maybe with a G26? Thanks for any and all help, hope this wasn't covered before.

DeltaNu1142
03-03-2010, 12:40
I don't understand why a decent pocket holster couldn't be used loose (iffy) or sewn in permanently (better).

puckhead
03-03-2010, 16:09
True, I didnt think of that. Just assumed there was a fancy one for a purse lol.

DeltaNu1142
03-04-2010, 06:07
True, I didnt think of that. Just assumed there was a fancy one for a purse lol.
If there is, I'm not the guy to ask... :supergrin:

1108VA
03-04-2010, 07:08
She could probably have velcro attached to a pocket in her handbag and also to the holster she intends to use. This should keep things in place.

SouthernGal
03-04-2010, 09:37
Negative. I'd never carry in my purse. I'm in Memphis and it's not a good idea.

My mom got her permit 2 months ago and I've battered and beaten into her brain that given where we live, purse carry is not smart. They'll snatch your purse around here in a heartbeat and not think twice about it.

Better to steal my purse without my piece in it.

I've seen plenty of nice bags at the Phx, AZ show that are made for purse carry. Not sure about doing mods to an existing bag but I'm sure it's possible. Use a bag with a thick leather strap.

Mrs. Tink
03-04-2010, 10:21
When I carry in my purse (I'm also in CO) I use an open style holster with a clip on one side, so when I draw the holster doesn't come out of the purse with my carry gun. I have used an internal pocket or an exclusive compartment to carry in so I can attach the clip to something.

"Clip" is a terrible word to use in this instance, so here (http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/inside_the_pant_holsters.html) is a link to the sort of holster that I favor.