Full picatinny rail or not? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Full picatinny rail or not?

DrtyHarry
03-03-2010, 18:30
I just don't know what configuration to pick it up in. He has a 20, 20sf, 20sf with a full picatinny rail, as well as a 29. Does anyone have a picture of a 20 or a 21 with a full picatinny rail? He has the standard Glock rail, I saw a pic a while back and thought the picatinny rail looked nice and aggressive.

I'm not that concerned about finding a comfy IWB holster for it as this will be my woods/hunting pistol project. I just hope I don't end up leaving the store tmro with both a 20 and a 29! (I got the 10mm bug) :)

DH

Njanear
03-03-2010, 19:13
I just don't know what configuration to pick it up in. He has a 20, 20sf, 20sf with a full picatinny rail, as well as a 29. Does anyone have a picture of a 20 or a 21 with a full picatinny rail? He has the standard Glock rail, I saw a pic a while back and thought the picatinny rail looked nice and aggressive.

I'm not that concerned about finding a comfy IWB holster for it as this will be my woods/hunting pistol project. I just hope I don't end up leaving the store tmro with both a 20 and a 29! (I got the 10mm bug) :)

DH

I might be mistaken, but I believe that the G20 is only available in either the 'regular' frame or the SF frame - there are no picatinny rails, ambi mag releases or RTF2 frames for the G20.

DrtyHarry
03-03-2010, 19:27
Hmm...interesting. He said he had 4 G20s, one had the full pic rail. I guess I'll find out tmro/over the weekend and let you know. Thanks!

DH

Njanear
03-03-2010, 21:30
Hmm...interesting. He said he had 4 G20s, one had the full pic rail. I guess I'll find out tmro/over the weekend and let you know. Thanks!

DH

My guess is that they are G21 .45s - possibly with 10mm conversion barrels.

DrtyHarry
03-04-2010, 15:36
Nope. He didn't have a 20sf with the pic rail, he was wrong so I was misinformed.

In any case, he apologized and hooked me up by letting me walk out the door with it for $499 + tax (blue label and 3 mags). Now, time to call DT for some ammo. Thanks for the help guys, this is my 3rd Glock and I fear it wont be my last!!

DH