Gap ammo prices at ammunition to go [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gap ammo prices at ammunition to go

9mmdude
03-05-2010, 09:25
They sold out of the last batch they had and now have new gap ammo in stock and they raised the price a couple of bucks a box. Interesting that ammo prices are falling for most ammo and the new gap demand is causing them to jack up the price.

Glock39Pirate
03-05-2010, 17:30
This is just strictly my speculation on the matter but i don't think that the shortage is caused by new GAP customers, I think that the "ammo hoarders" see that more people are buying and in turn they buy up more ammo than they need. When people see that their online source is sold out, they wait till more comes in and they buy a ton of it. And you're right, they did raise the price by $4...crazy.

jeffreybehr
03-05-2010, 17:57
http://www.ammoengine.com/find/ammo/.45_GAP still lists GAP ammo for less than $25 per 50box.

dbarry
03-05-2010, 18:14
This is just strictly my speculation on the matter but i don't think that the shortage is caused by new GAP customers, I think that the "ammo hoarders" see that more people are buying and in turn they buy up more ammo than they need. When people see that their online source is sold out, they wait till more comes in and they buy a ton of it. And you're right, they did raise the price by $4...crazy.

I tend to agree. Also, buying primers a few months ago, a guy shed some light on it for me. I was buying a couple thousand, and he asked me how many I bought a year or two ago. I said normally a couple hundred at a time. But since I had a hard time finding them I was buying a couple thousand so I wouldn't have to wait so long. He said that folks that did a lot of shooting and would have bought a couple thousand a year or so ago were buying 10,000 and the guys that normally bought 10,000... well you get the picture. I think it is self perpetuating (sp) shortage! :dunno: