Sell me on G36 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sell me on G36

IBreakStuff
03-05-2010, 11:50
Would anyone with a G23/19/32 post a comparison pic with a G36. I picked up a 1911 recently and I like the flatness of it but 36 ounces unloaded and a 5" barrel doesn't lend itself to ease of carry. Ive owned a G19 in the past and I'm familiar with its dimensions.

irontexan27
03-06-2010, 01:39
size wise its main difference to the 19 is the width of the frame is slimmer. That and and caliber are the main things that made me go with the 36 over a 23 or 27.

For me the 36 beat out a commander length 1911, a Sig P245/220 compact, a G30sf (the fatty) and other glocks because of width and wieght.

The only thing that made the descision difficult was the capacity and cost/difficulty to find of 45 ammo. But being that you are already comfortable with a 1911 my guess would be you have come to terms with 7 rounds and possibly an extra mag are realisticly sufficiant.

JitzCaliber
03-06-2010, 05:16
Capacity can be changed with a +1 Pearce extension. You are now at 8 rounds in a very concealable, light 45.acp package.

I've been carrying a G36 since its birth several years ago in an Alessi Talon Plus.

I just picked up a G19, and I have to tell you, the G36 is much more "friendly" to wear IWB.

Have had thousands of flawless rounds in mine. If you can pick up a smaller and lighter 45, do it. I just don't know of any with a good history of reliability. No offense to the 1911-a-holics on the board:cool:

tuica
03-06-2010, 14:13
I own a Colt 1911A1, Glock 23, and G36. Of those, the G36 gets carried more than the other two combined. Slim, light, and I feel well protected with six rounds of .45 ACP JHP. Remember - before you were able to CCW, you carried zero rounds of anything. Good luck in your decision.

Atlas
03-12-2010, 07:28
Soon after buying my G36 (my first one, as I now own two) I bought a couple of Pearce +1 extensions. They function fine, but they are bulky, and I've come to prefer the mags without the +1s.

Then I tried the +0 extension and I really prefer them.
The factory mag with no extension fits my tiny hands just fine, but I prefer the Pearce +0 extension.

People have carried 6-shot revolvers for more than 100 years and were happy.
Many people on GT will comment that if you are gonna carry a semi-auto that holds only 6 rounds then you may as well carry a revolver. I disagree...
If I have to reload then I much prefer a magazine over a speedloader, to me it's no contest.

Those little short, slim G36 magazines make for lightening-fast reloads and fit very nicely in a pocket (even with the +0 extensions).

Also the rounds are held very securely in place in that single-stack mag, always ready. I believe you could take a fully-loaded G36 mag and drop it onto concrete from the 10th floor and it would probably not loose any rounds on impact.

6+1 in a magazine-fed semi-auto beats a 6-round revolver with a speedloader any day.

captcurly
03-12-2010, 14:30
I have been carrying a G 36 since Feb.,2002. The G 36 is very easy to conceal,is very accurate and it really works for me. There has been a lot of internet crap regarding this model. It does have a different feel and that is because of the single stack mag. I never had a problem with shooting it and it has been 100% reliable. The G 36 is not for everybody but it is for me. Glock designed this weapon for concealed carry and they did a very good job.

das9mm26
03-12-2010, 14:47
The G36 is my EDC....in a Crossbreed Super Tuck....
I carry 2 spare mags -- Speer Short Barrel GDHP 230gr.
Very accurate up to ~15yds., controllable recoil, fits my hand VERY well!
Prior to carrying the 26, I had the 26.....
I really like the 36's single-stack mag and overall size....
For me, it's a "just right" EDC.....

CanyonMan
03-14-2010, 17:13
Soon after buying my G36 (my first one, as I now own two) I bought a couple of Pearce +1 extensions. They function fine, but they are bulky, and I've come to prefer the mags without the +1s.

Then I tried the +0 extension and I really prefer them.
The factory mag with no extension fits my tiny hands just fine, but I prefer the Pearce +0 extension.

People have carried 6-shot revolvers for more than 100 years and were happy.
Many people on GT will comment that if you are gonna carry a semi-auto that holds only 6 rounds then you may as well carry a revolver. I disagree...
If I have to reload then I much prefer a magazine over a speedloader, to me it's no contest.

Those little short, slim G36 magazines make for lightening-fast reloads and fit very nicely in a pocket (even with the +0 extensions).

Also the rounds are held very securely in place in that single-stack mag, always ready. I believe you could take a fully-loaded G36 mag and drop it onto concrete from the 10th floor and it would probably not loose any rounds on impact.
6+1 in a magazine-fed semi-auto beats a 6-round revolver with a speedloader any day.

I like glocks, but "please..." :whistling:

Good shooting

CanyonMan

snaproll
03-25-2010, 18:47
going from a 1911 to G-36 is easy but going from a G-19 to a G-36 will take some getting use to. As far lack of ammo this is a great time to work on marksmanship with your new Glock.

SagKC
03-26-2010, 08:36
going from a 1911 to G-36 is easy but going from a G-19 to a G-36 will take some getting use to. As far lack of ammo this is a great time to work on marksmanship with your new Glock.

One consolation found during my first trip out with a new G36 last year...for me, it's crazy accurate! Much peace of mind when carrying less rounds even with an extra mag when carrying the G36!