Best most reliable ak 47 ammo 7.62X39. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best most reliable ak 47 ammo 7.62X39.

alfred10
03-05-2010, 15:29
Which wolf ammo runs best in an AK? How durable is it? What difference does hollow point v. full metal jacket make? I want to use it in my Draco pistol and full size aks. What grain should I get? What do the pollymer coated model rounds do? They also have laquor coated, polymer coated, soft point etc. The website claims that the black box is good for lower temps than the military classic. Which will be most reliable in outdoor long term SHTF conditions? Are any sealed to keep the crap out? I want as much penetration as possible. Any ideas?

CarlosC
03-05-2010, 15:51
Which wolf ammo runs best in an AK?

It's an AK. You're over-thinking this. It's like asking what type of gas should you put in your '75 Chevy or what type of 9mm ammo is most reliable in your Glock. AKs are not typically choosy as to which ammo they are most reliable with. Most of them will shoot whatever you buy or find on the ground.

How durable is it?

The ammo or the AK? Wolf ammo is fantastic, AK durability is legendary.

What difference does hollow point v. full metal jacket make?

Hollow points expand, FMJs typically don't.

I want to use it in my Draco pistol and full size aks. What grain should I get?

7.62x39 is normally in the 123 grain range and doesn't vary too much from that. It's not a .308 or .30-06.

What do the pollymer coated model rounds do?

Corrosion prevention.

They also have laquor coated, polymer coated, soft point etc. The website claims that the black box is good for lower temps than the military classic. Which will be most reliable in outdoor long term SHTF conditions?

Come on, are you serious?

Are any sealed to keep the crap out?

Yes.

I want as much penetration as possible. Any ideas?

Not a good statement for a guy to make. :supergrin:

I'mStrapped
03-05-2010, 16:00
I have a p.o.s. wasr 10/63 that wont feed hollow points, but fmj feed flawlessly. The laquered or polymer coated cases have less friction than the plain steel cases do so they should feed more reliably.

Glockdude1
03-05-2010, 16:04

It is obvious he is quite young, judging by the many questions he has asked in the past. He has posted before that he owns a number of weapons, but for some reason he knows very little about them.

His threads are quite entertaining!!

:supergrin:

skanless
03-05-2010, 16:06
Everything carlosc said. :supergrin:

Cole125
03-05-2010, 16:07

:rofl: :rofl: :alex:

Thanks I needed a laugh!

CarlosC
03-05-2010, 16:19
I have a p.o.s. wasr 10/63 that wont feed hollow points, but fmj feed flawlessly. The laquered or polymer coated cases have less friction than the plain steel cases do so they should feed more reliably.

Well, that's like saying you drive a p.o.s. Trabant that's unreliable and gets poor mileage.

Seriously, the AK was made to feed FMJ. Once you start venturing outside what it was designed for, don't blame the gun.

CarlosC
03-05-2010, 16:35
It is obvious he is quite young, judging by the many questions he has asked in the past. He has posted before that he owns a number of weapons, but for some reason he knows very little about them.

Thanks, I should have known better. Maybe the guy just wants to be prepared. I started reading some of his threads and they had me rolling.

Based on his other threads, he plans on:
1. Buying a 14" 12 gauge and fill it with 3" magnums for self defense
2. Wearing cammo for some pending SHTF situation
3. Buying an "M4, M1A socom, Ak47, and M1A full size"
4. Buying a GI compass
5. Burying an HK USP in his back yard for 2 years
6. Buying either a Rem 870 NFA v 590A1 NFA v Benelli M4 14'' Short barreled shotguns...
7. Buy a .500S&W for "Grizzly Bear defense"

Alfred...I am sorry, my friend. Your threads are just all over the place and don't add up. But I will give you credit for creativity and humor factor.

harleyfx69
03-05-2010, 17:55
that was good for a laugh ..

we really should have a "best of Gt section" ..

glocknick
03-05-2010, 18:01
mine has seen only yugo and wolf black box fmj. both work 100%. i think any fmj will work the same. i havent tried any hp yet.

rfd339
03-05-2010, 18:07
that was good for a laugh ..

we really should have a "best of Gt section" ..

Great idea. Bet the cardboard box , shower and toilet would top the charts:supergrin:

Glockdude1
03-05-2010, 18:38
Could it be?
http://www.myspace.com/alfred10

Alfredo Cruz

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/43/l_96101a4186b6129d3a6cef62de1a9fa4.jpg

skanless
03-05-2010, 22:05

The wolf ammo hollow points shoot fine out of my AK without any problems whats so ever.

burnsoft
03-05-2010, 22:29
The wolf 122 FMJ works pretty well. The HP would jam every now and then in mine.

ybtran
03-05-2010, 22:45
I shoot both wolf and golden tiger ...golden tiger seems to burn a little cleaner IMO...just something I noticed when cleaning my yugo m70 and romy g. Both are reliable ammo for my AKs.

Blitzer
03-05-2010, 23:03

The coating is to reduce the chance of the steel cases corroding and there-by getting stuck in the chamber. ;)

Novocaine
03-05-2010, 23:11
I see nothing wrong with these kinds of weird posts. Answering them people often post pretty useful bits of info.

Glock21Owner
03-06-2010, 21:16
I like Silver Bear ammo

SolidBrass
02-08-2012, 21:20
Thanks, I should have known better. Maybe the guy just wants to be prepared. I started reading some of his threads and they had me rolling.

Based on his other threads, he plans on:
1. Buying a 14" 12 gauge and fill it with 3" magnums for self defense
2. Wearing cammo for some pending SHTF situation
3. Buying an "M4, M1A socom, Ak47, and M1A full size"
4. Buying a GI compass
5. Burying an HK USP in his back yard for 2 years
6. Buying either a Rem 870 NFA v 590A1 NFA v Benelli M4 14'' Short barreled shotguns...
7. Buy a .500S&W for "Grizzly Bear defense"

I've been checking off a couple on that list but I'm not going Rambo. Glad I found this tread.

I've searched over the last two days to understand what ammo I should buy for the 7.62x29? I had to get the budsguns $500 offer, but the stock must go.

Wolf? Silver bear? other? as I know nothing about AK ammo I too would like to know more about what is good vs bad as most of is it pretty close to the same price.

WarEagle32
02-08-2012, 22:56
Anyone fed any of the hornady zombie 7.62 through a Wasr? Feed ok?

02-08-2012, 23:23
There's no need to over think this. Buy a spam can military surplus, doesn't matter which country, and call it a day. Buy wolf, tula, privy partisan, golden, brown, orange, blue bear whatever ammo, it doesn't matter, it's an AK!

Gdirty5
02-08-2012, 23:28
I've shot wolf, silver bear, brown bear, monarch, and golden tiger through mine, never a failure with any of them through my cheap wasr 10/63 uf