out of state transfer question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : out of state transfer question

javi
03-05-2010, 19:54
Bought pistol on Gun Broker, sellers shipped it overnight to my FFL… FFL says he did not put a copy of his Driver’s License in the box, and cannot transfer it to me until he faxes them one, seller says he has never had to do that, instead of just faxing a copy, he wants FFL to contact him… ATF website does not mention anything about non-FFLs having to send copy of DL… in the past this has never been a problem, everybody has just included a copy or faxed one… Does anybody know if the Driver’s license is an actual requirement in NC? Or is it just the FFL trying to cover their butts? :dunno:

NC Bullseye
03-05-2010, 21:33
Normally its FFL to FFL. Sounds like it went from private party in another state to your FFL here in NC.

If so I'd say a copy of the senders DL is not out of line. And yup sounds like the FFL here is trying to cover his butt.

Let the seller and your FFL hash it out. That way you don't end up with a twisted mess in your lap.

javi
03-06-2010, 04:58
Yes, private party to my FFL... I think that is what I am going to do (let the FFL and seller figure it out) just sucks that meanwhile the pistol is tied up, and so is my money for that matter.