Krinkov Gas Tube Rattle...how to fix? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Krinkov Gas Tube Rattle...how to fix?

shuck99
03-06-2010, 07:17
Got a Arsenal SLR 107ur made in Nov. 08 from Gunbroker.com and the gas tube is "loose" it rattles; moves side to side slightly. Searched a little and looks like a new gas tube may fix it...So should I order a new gas tube from K-var?

HELP:wow:

adamg01
03-06-2010, 09:27
I would check with Arsenal because I just bought a SGL20 and I am pretty they have a limited warranty. It is good for 1 year after the purchase date but not limited to. If the rifle is NIB I would say you will be taken care for sure and you still might anyway. 1-888-539-2220...Good luck.

Polak
03-06-2010, 16:17
I am pretty they have....

I bet you are. :)

SP-FIN
03-06-2010, 18:59
The gas tube moving around a bit is no big deal. Does it move independent of the spring washer on the back end (if there is one in your particular model)? Actually rattle and not just move when tugged?

If not and it isn't making a noise, don't worry about it. The sole purpose of the tube is to cover the piston and guide it back to correct position on the gas chamber. Little bit of play is not affecting the functioning of the rifle.

There is some anecdotal evidence that overly tightfitting gas tube may very slightly (and temporarily) bend the barrel when heat builds up with sustained firing. (I really don't have any online sources for this one)

tacticaldawg
03-14-2010, 18:37
My Krinov SLR106UR also rattles, so did the 3 others at the gun store I checked. The Krinkov gas tube is more prone to rattling than usual, because the retaining mechanism is different than on the regular AK.

From what I've seen, you'll really need to have a much more "out of spec" Krinkov gas tube in order to eliminate the rattling, and you're not going to find one like that unless you do something yourself.

See if Arsenal would respond as warranty issue but I doubt it.