Anyone use ADJUSTABLE night sights? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use ADJUSTABLE night sights?

DrtyHarry
03-06-2010, 09:48
Hi guys,

I picked up a G20sf the other day and while I'm working on a small factory sight issue, I was thinking about what kind of aftermarket sights I should later consider.

I plan to use this as a hunting pistol (will later add 6" barrel), as well as a "woods" gun to keep bear and 900 lb. apes away.

Nearly all my handguns have mepros and I'm thinking of trying out the adjustable set. Does anyone have any experience with the adjustable ones? Are the dot sizes the same as the standard ones?

I'd prefer to have a thin blade up front if I'm going to hunt with it, is the front sight thin on the adj. ones? If not, I guess I could use the adjustable rear and find some other kind of thin blade with tritium? Thanks!

DH

DrtyHarry
03-06-2010, 12:01
Bump!

sfguard
03-06-2010, 18:04
I have them on a match gun. The dots are the same size I haven't noticed the front being thin. The rear sight is a lot bigger than a nonadjustable and some pushers won't work with it.

busadude
03-06-2010, 21:05
900 lbs ?? wooh i wouldnt trust it that much

jbaker
03-06-2010, 21:08
i have NO ACTUAL USE WITH THE MEP ADJ. SIGHTS BUT IVE SEEN SOME REVIEWS AND THE STICK UP VERY HIGH, BUTTER BLADES THEY WERE CALLED.sorry about cap lock

roginoz
03-06-2010, 23:22
I have the adjustable rear night sight on my Glock 17. Protrudes a little more than the fixed night sight, but doesn't seem to get in the way. The tubes and outline circles appear to be the same size as the fixed versions. I installed it without a sight pusher; nylon faced drift, small ball peen hammer, and a little care.

mboylan
03-07-2010, 10:57
I use Dawson Precision adjustable sights on my 34 and 24. They do require a fairly high front sight, at least .300 to get any kind of range out. I float between 124 gr loads and 147 gr loads in the G34. It does require a re-zero. The sight has to go all the way down to the bottom when I shoot 115 gr loads and it still shoots a little high. The .310 wasn't out when I bought them.

I normally just shoot 180 gr major loads in the 24. It get's shot out to 50 yards and I use the adjustable sights just to fine tune my zero.

Dawson will get you set on a front sight height if you tell them what load you plan on using.

No information on the MEPs. Just another option here.