Survival In Florida [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Survival In Florida

shotgunjim12
03-06-2010, 16:06
I am a resident of south Florida and have little to no experience in the outdoors. I hunt, I fish and I like to go camping but of course my idea of camping is with a 8 person tent full of equipment, generator so I can keep the outdoor fridge and television running for the kids. I would really like to learn how to survive out in the wilderness in a SHTF type of situation. I am especially interested in finding an expert who knows their stuff when it comes to the Florida outdoors. It doesn't do me any good to learn how to survive in the mountains of Colorado when I will more than likely never go there. I would like to learn how to distinquish between the good plants and bad plants "nothing too hard" and of course some basic how to training like fire building, shelter making, trap making and water gathering you know the simple stuff. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. I would like something in the 4-5 day style of class if you could think of it. Thank you.

JC Refuge
03-06-2010, 16:26
Well, my name is not "Dex" :thumbsup: and I'm quite a ways from Florida. :rofl:

But I did once get a favorable report on this Primitive Skills training schoo (http://www.greenearthsurvivalschool.com/)l that should be in your neck of the Everglades, if I'm not mistaken.

They have a course curriculum that I would certainly be interested in if I was nearby. Looks to be very affordable. And it appears they even allow for family-group training which may appeal to you and yours.

If you go with them, please let me know how it works out for you.

BTW, thanks for the question, Jim. I'm in the process of figuring out how this new GATE survival forum works and I look forward to serving as a resource for serious preparedness.