Kelly McCann??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kelly McCann???

skippz
03-06-2010, 17:10
I realize 1st hand training is the best and I wish I had the time/money to spend on it right now but if you guys were to substitute some dvd's how do you think this guy's training stands up??? Is there someone else I should be looking at or will this suffice until I can receive proper training?

Ok Prdator
03-07-2010, 06:57
I realize 1st hand training is the best and I wish I had the time/money to spend on it right now but if you guys were to substitute some dvd's how do you think this guy's training stands up??? Is there someone else I should be looking at or will this suffice until I can receive proper training?

Some parts of them are okay but I do NOT like his weapon manipulations!

I would suggest Concealed cary for self defense by Tom Givens http://www.rangemaster.com/ ( look under books and dvd's)
And Yeager Fighting pistol. http://www.tacticalresponse.com/d/node/171

These should get you on the right track.

Davidkxx
03-07-2010, 08:20
Check out my Armed Response series

David Armstrong
03-08-2010, 10:00
Kelly is one of the real BTDT folks, with a VERY solid record behind himself and his training programs. Highly recommended.

mixflip
03-08-2010, 20:55
The new Magpul "art of the dynamic handgun" 4 disk DVD box set is out now and I got mine for the same reasons you mentioned about training on a budget.

Absolutely amazing DVD as far as detail and content for the price of $49. They cover basic handgun skills with a 19 year old girl all the way up to combat hardened Marines who rarely get handgun training at a high level. They even have a dedicated DVD on CCW and gear.

I like the way th e2 instructors bounce off each other to cover the mindset a theory behind handgun fighting.

As for Kelly McCann/Jim Grover. I own his "self offense tactics" DVD. I am a very visual learner vs lots of dialog. McCann talks and fights hard at the same time. Even though I have the Magpul DVD, I might still buy his fighting handgun DVD. I like his saying..."the key word in gun fight is FIGHT"

I also like Gabe Suarez and plan on getting his fighting shotgun DVD.

A big part of training is if the instructor is "mentally" connecting with his students and I feel these guys I mentioned connect very well on the DVD format.

Clayton Hufford
03-09-2010, 07:45
I have all of Kelly's DVD's and they are all worth owning. He is the best instructor out there IMHO. With that said, the Magpul DVD's are a best buy. Highly recommended.

ncglock19
03-09-2010, 09:17
Which one of the DVD's is best to start with? The Paladin Press site is fairly large.

joe