K9/P9 with non NYCPD triggger? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : K9/P9 with non NYCPD triggger?

ajgranda
03-06-2010, 16:37
Hi,

Can the K9 or P9 be had with the shorter trigger pull?

Thanks

Pistol Pedro
03-06-2010, 17:50
I am not aware of any different trigger options. Doesn't mean they don't exist. Personally, I don't mind the long take up for the initial shot, but I would like a much shorter trigger reset. I guess I am just to used to my Glock triggers.

ripley16
03-07-2010, 15:13
It appears that the K9 comes standard with the long trigger. I'd call Kahr and ask if they offer the short trigger and how to order one.

I've used both triggers and I personally like the short trigger.

AZ Traveler
03-07-2010, 20:07
Only K9's produced since mid 2005 have the NYCPD trigger. All Polymer Frame Kahrs including the P9 have the Elite Trigger.

YMMV

chris in va
03-08-2010, 20:10
Yes, you can get the 'elite' kit. I believe it runs around $100 or so. Don't ask me how I know this, just absorbed it from a Kahr rep IIRC.

My K9 'special edition' (read: cheaper) has the carbon steel slide and NYPD pull. The elite version has the shorter pull.

Personally I don't have a problem with the longer one and prefer it as I wear it with a Clipdraw.

ajgranda
03-09-2010, 17:54
Thanks, Kahr CS stated that the Kahr K9 Elite or P9 had the 3/8ths trigger.

rocko63
03-29-2010, 20:29
Yes, you can get the 'elite' kit. I believe it runs around $100 or so. Don't ask me how I know this, just absorbed it from a Kahr rep IIRC.

My K9 'special edition' (read: cheaper) has the carbon steel slide and NYPD pull. The elite version has the shorter pull.

Personally I don't have a problem with the longer one and prefer it as I wear it with a Clipdraw.

the k=series comes with the elite trigger.

ripley16
03-30-2010, 04:24
the k=series comes with the elite trigger.

A standard K9 has the NYPD, 1/2" trigger.

The K9 Elite has the short 3/8" travel trigger.

All the other models, (P, PM, T, TP) are equipped with the short trigger according to the web site.

If you want a K9 with an Elite trigger you have to buy the Elite model or buy the trigger kit and install it.

triggerdoc
04-04-2010, 12:37
If you are not too picky and you can find an E9 it does have the 3/8" trigger. It is the Model before the K9.

Here are the differences between the E9 and the K9:

E9:

3/8" trigger pull
staked front sight
available in SS (the duo tone models are SS slide and carbon steel frame) or all black (carbon steel slide and frame)
Plastic grips

K9:
1/2" trigger pull
dovetail front sight
all models are SS
Rubber grips (which have been discontinued)

The E9 rear sight dovetail is the same as the old style K9 (without the stamped dot). I am calling Kahr tomorrow to see if the front staked sight is the same one as the CW9 staked front sight. If it is I will be installing night sights on mine. If it isn't I will have the dovetail cut in the front sight by my gunsmith and I will still be using night sights.

I'm not sure why Kahr discontinued the rubber grips, but I think they were made by Hogue (contracted). I deal with Neil Hogue on occasion and might be able to get a small production run of them if anyone needs a pair. I'll check with him this week and see what he has to say.

Hope this helps,
triggerdoc

ripley16
04-05-2010, 04:18
If you are not too picky and you can find an E9 it does have the 3/8" trigger. It is the Model before the K9.

Are you sure of that? The E9 is an early economy model based on a standard K9. Why would Kahr upgrade their economy model's trigger...that doesn't sound right.

triggerdoc
04-05-2010, 07:51
Are you sure of that? The E9 is an early economy model based on a standard K9. Why would Kahr upgrade their economy model's trigger...that doesn't sound right.

It is my understanding that the E9 came before the K9, not that it was released as an "economy model". I have an E9, and it has a 3/8" trigger. And that's the info I got from Kahr when I talked to them.