people saying the glock 27 being to much recoil [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : people saying the glock 27 being to much recoil

corbon1
03-06-2010, 23:16
I went to purchase a Glock 27 and every gun shop tried to talk me out of it because they and others here on GT told me it was to snappy !!! I purchased the g-27 ANYWAYS wanting something with a bigger diameter bullet for bigger holes more bleed-out. I shot this G27 with 155gr Hornady ammo and Winchester 180gr Bonded JHP and all I can say is awesome and accurate :wow:

These gun shops and people here on GT must have been INEXPERIENCED shooters and to be honest Wimps and Whiners, IF you need heavier bullets and better penetration get A 40S&W today don't wait just do it !!!!!!

The 180gr Bonded bullets went clean through a 4X4 Wood treated pole and into Two (2) Phone books with no problem, WOW what power, a 9mm WILL NOT do that. ( I'm not knocking the 9mm, it has its place) I am very, very happy with my G-27 and it is now my everyday carry piece in a Don Hume inside the pant leather holster.

Last the 40S&W DOES NOT HAVE TO MUCH SNAP, I am a reloader, Shooter and hunter for 35+ years you can beleive me the G-27 IS NOT to much snap. I will be loading my G27 with hornady TAP ammo til Hornady releases their
Critical Defense ammo in 40S&W.

Keep Rockin' and Glockin'

CanyonMan
03-08-2010, 10:53
I went to purchase a Glock 27 and every gun shop tried to talk me out of it because they and others here on GT told me it was to snappy !!! I purchased the g-27 ANYWAYS wanting something with a bigger diameter bullet for bigger holes more bleed-out. I shot this G27 with 155gr Hornady ammo and Winchester 180gr Bonded JHP and all I can say is awesome and accurate :wow:

These gun shops and people here on GT must have been INEXPERIENCED shooters and to be honest Wimps and Whiners, IF you need heavier bullets and better penetration get A 40S&W today don't wait just do it !!!!!!

The 180gr Bonded bullets went clean through a 4X4 Wood treated pole and into Two (2) Phone books with no problem, WOW what power, a 9mm WILL NOT do that. ( I'm not knocking the 9mm, it has its place) I am very, very happy with my G-27 and it is now my everyday carry piece in a Don Hume inside the pant leather holster.

Last the 40S&W DOES NOT HAVE TO MUCH SNAP, I am a reloader, Shooter and hunter for 35+ years you can beleive me the G-27 IS NOT to much snap. I will be loading my G27 with hornady TAP ammo til Hornady releases their
Critical Defense ammo in 40S&W.

Keep Rockin' and Glockin'

Well remember that to "some folks," even a Makarov is difficult to shoot.' I agree that the G27 is simple to shoot. All Glocks are simple to shoot up to and including the G20/G29. But again, some folks are very highly recoil sencitive so to 'them' they are nasty bruts to fire...

Congrats on your new toy. I like mine very much and also use 180 bonded when i carry it.

Btw. The 9mil with a 147gr bonded bullet in a G19/17 WILL go through a 4X4 and some bones and light steel and some water jugs behind that.

See thread http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1188579&page=5

Page 5 and page 6.

Good shooting.

CanyonMan

DWARREN123
03-08-2010, 12:07
Try some hot SD 180gr ammo. Kicks a little more!

CanyonMan
03-08-2010, 14:45
Try some hot SD 180gr ammo. Kicks a little more!

I do use 180gr 'ers in the G27.

I reload, so I have placed some real screamers downrange. :wow: Still a fun gun to shoot. Also I grew up on a ranch sooting 44mags and the like so for me, it's hard to find a gun with recoil. ;)

Good shooting

CanyonMan