Bexar Dounty Trxas G22... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bexar Dounty Trxas G22...

davewms
03-07-2010, 08:48
I have a Gen 2 Bexar County Texas G22 which has a different serial # format (doesn't start with alpha characters); It has five numbers followed by the suffix BCT.

Does anyone know what year/how old it would be?

(I know there's an error with the title, but when I corrected it, it didn't change!)

castroj
04-02-2010, 17:13
I have a Glock Model 27 which is also marked, "Property of Bexar County Texas", which I purchased at a local gun store here in San Antonio, Texas. In "The Complete Glock Reference Guide" in the serial number section I found that BCT serial number guns were made in April of 1996. They were second issue guns as the grip has the finger grooves but no checkering in them. I assume that these guns were issued to plain clothed officers. I also found that your gun was a run from May of 1995. And these because of the size would have been issued to uniformed officers to be used on their duty belts. I did call Glock in Smyrna, GA. and asked them if I could change out the top end for a 10mm. They advised me not to because the frame would not be able to handle it. To do it to only newer frames. Hope this helps.

davewms
04-02-2010, 17:52
Here's my Bexar County G22:
http://www.davewms.com/guns/bexarg22r.jpg

ssgrock3
04-02-2010, 19:21
I have a Glock Model 27 which is also marked, "Property of Bexar County Texas", which I purchased at a local gun store here in San Antonio, Texas. In "The Complete Glock Reference Guide" in the serial number section I found that BCT serial number guns were made in April of 1996. They were second issue guns as the grip has the finger grooves but no checkering in them. I assume that these guns were issued to plain clothed officers. I also found that your gun was a run from May of 1995. And these because of the size would have been issued to uniformed officers to be used on their duty belts. I did call Glock in Smyrna, GA. and asked them if I could change out the top end for a 10mm. They advised me not to because the frame would not be able to handle it. To do it to only newer frames. Hope this helps.

will a 10mm mag fit in a model 22 anyway?

castroj
04-03-2010, 22:12
I am sorry I meant .357 Sig not 10mm as I stated on my previous post. I am over 60 and I guess it is getting the best of me. No, a 10mm mag would not fit a 22 or for that matter a 27. :wow:

rushur
04-06-2010, 05:23
I have a Gen 2 Bexar County Texas G22 which has a different serial # format (doesn't start with alpha characters); It has five numbers followed by the suffix BCT.

Does anyone know what year/how old it would be?

(I know there's an error with the title, but when I corrected it, it didn't change!)

When Glock makes a special order for a police dept. they don't use the normal Glock SN# format. It's a 5 digit number followed by the initials of the LE agency. Hence XXXXXBCT is XXXXX Bexar County Texas. My Detroit PD Glock is XXXXXDPD. I've not seen a born date list for these type serial numbers.

MorpheusGPR
06-03-2010, 16:14
When Glock makes a special order for a police dept. they don't use the normal Glock SN# format. It's a 5 digit number followed by the initials of the LE agency. Hence XXXXXBCT is XXXXX Bexar County Texas. My Detroit PD Glock is XXXXXDPD. I've not seen a born date list for these type serial numbers.

You may also see numbers such as

IMxxxxPD

davewms
06-04-2010, 07:11
I was talking to my FFL Wednesday when he showed me a G19 he was transferring for someone.

The s# ended in US; Something like xxxxxxUS. I assume it must be ex-military or government.

Does anyone know where it would be from? I'd like to have one to go with my Detroit, Flagstaff, and Bexar Co. guns.

MorpheusGPR
06-06-2010, 14:30
I was talking to my FFL Wednesday when he showed me a G19 he was transferring for someone.

The s# ended in US; Something like xxxxxxUS. I assume it must be ex-military or government.

Does anyone know where it would be from? I'd like to have one to go with my Detroit, Flagstaff, and Bexar Co. guns.

I think many had the ending US?

If not let me know, I have a couple...one I know is retired law enforcment.