G26 ftrb [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G26 ftrb

moncoacp
03-07-2010, 09:32
Had the following done to my G26 by a gunsmith:

Replaced serrated trigger with a Glock smooth trigger.
Installed Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector with a Wolff 6.0 striker spring, left the trigger spring stock.

Took it out to the range today for the first test and on the first shot it failed to return to battery. Released mag and reinserted (no cartridge jammed), used the slide to load a round, fired and again failed to return to battery with no jam.

Tried 4 different magazines (each with a different brand of ammo) with the same result. Any idea what might have been done during the above installation to cause this. Before the modifications, had 800 flawless rounds through it.

Before any chimes in -- OK, I will listen more to those who say not to do anything to the Glock -- it is perfect out of the box. Just that I developed arthritis in my hands and thought a lighter, smoother pull with no over-travel would help.

ChrisJn
03-07-2010, 11:43
From your description I would suspect the Slide Stop Lever has not been replaced correctly. This can cause the slide to lock back even though there are still cartridges in the magazine.

moncoacp
03-07-2010, 12:11
From your description I would suspect the Slide Stop Lever has not been replaced correctly. This can cause the slide to lock back even though there are still cartridges in the magazine.

Bingo. I compared it to my G30 and it is definitely different so probably not reinstalled correctly. Too much play and sits way higher than the G30 when disassembled. Will take it back tomorrow. Thanks.