New EMT-B Looking for Work, Michigan or Elsewhere [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New EMT-B Looking for Work, Michigan or Elsewhere

MIemt26
03-07-2010, 17:29
I recently passed my NREMT exam and received my Michigan license and I am looking to get into my field. I finished my program with a 4.0, and I am currently working on my paramedic degree at Henry Ford Community College. I am looking for companies in Michigan but I am open to relocating due to the poor economy; If anyone has any ideas let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

MedicOni
03-07-2010, 17:36
I recently passed my NREMT exam and received my Michigan license and I am looking to get into my field. I finished my program with a 4.0, and I am currently working on my paramedic degree at Henry Ford Community College. I am looking for companies in Michigan but I am open to relocating due to the poor economy; If anyone has any ideas let me know.

Thanks,

Mike
If you have any job at all right now I'd say you should finish medic school first. It'll be easier to find a job as a medic nationwide than an EMT

huskerbuttons
03-07-2010, 17:47
^^^^ What MedicOni said is very true. Once you get your Medic, you can go just about anywhere. If you're looking for something right now, check out all the private ambulance services in your area. They usually go through EMT-B's like no tomorrow. Good luck with your Medic class and do not EVER let your NREMT-P expire!!!

Dalton Wayne
03-07-2010, 17:52
If you were anywhere Lansing/Charlotte MI I could give you a good lead on a paid bi weekly vol position It's where I started out When I was a B-EMT don't pay much but it's good experience They run an advanced rig with a basic back up rig it's hospital based so you can get ER time in as well.
Regards
DW

MIemt26
03-07-2010, 18:04
PM Sent

Dalton Wayne
03-07-2010, 18:23
PM'd you the info let me know what you find out
Doug AKA DW