carry levels [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : carry levels

bear_1
03-07-2010, 18:27
hello again y'all once again i read something about the levels of concealed carry please let me know what are. thank you.:notworthy:

Gallium
03-07-2010, 18:32
Do you mean levels of awareness? Those are generally said to be from white, yellow, orange thru red.

'Drew

bear_1
03-08-2010, 06:07
actually someone was talking about concealed carry level 1,2,or3

dano.ftw
03-08-2010, 07:05
Probally talking about the 'condition' of the weapon. Heres a quote from an article explaining it:

Condition One: Ready for Action

In this condition, the handgun has a round in the chamber and a loaded magazine in the magazine well. This condition is the condition just prior to firing. The thumb safety (if applicable) is engaged. In order to bring the pistol into action, the operator only needs to put it on target, and complete whatever steps are necessary to fire.

Condition Two: Ready for Danger

In this condition, there is a round in the chamber and a full magazine in the magazine well, like condition one, but the safety is off and the hammer is down. Handguns without external hammers, such as the XD and Glock, cannot be carried in condition two.

This condition is not recommended because the gun must be cocked before it is ready to fire, making it slower than condition one. In addition, if the gun is dropped on the hammer, or the hammer slips, there is a possibility of the gun discharging.

Condition Three: Somewhat Safe?

In condition three, the chamber is empty and a fully loaded magazine is in the magazine well. This is the carry method for many military organizations in the world. In order to fire, the slide needs to be reciprocated to chamber a round.

Many people feel that this method of storage is safe for children, but I do not recommend it as the only safety measure. This is an excellent condition for a backup weapon in a locked safe.

Condition Four: Safety First

In condition four, the handgun is completely unloaded. The magazine is removed from the gun. The slide can be locked back for completeness, but I recommend letting the slide forward and the hammer down for long term storage.

There is also Condition 0: Round in the chamber, Saftey off.

bear_1
03-08-2010, 17:29
thanks drew and dano i appreciate the feedback