Century Arms Coach Guns? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Century Arms Coach Guns?

LarryD1130
03-08-2010, 07:21
Are they decent for the price or are they a POS? I might buy one but I don't see any reviews anywhere and want to hear what people think about them. I don't have a 12 gauge right now and it might do until I get the one I want. Plus my dad loves westerns and shotguns so he'll probably like it.

planner
03-08-2010, 07:53
If it's the Chinese-made double bbl, hammer gun with the safeties that push thru near the firing pin bolsters, they're well-made, good shooting guns. MY son and a couple of his High School buds bought them a few years ago when Big-5 had them on sale. They actually use them on clay pidgeons! They are worth the modest prices paid for them.

Jack Greenwell
03-08-2010, 08:23
A link maybe? And how much is the low price your looking at, the ones I found are not much cheaper than Stoeger.

aippi
03-08-2010, 12:32
I bought four of these to sell as a local store had them on clearence and gave me thir cost as I am an ffl dealer and I own a Security Company that provides Security to thier store, two 20ga and two 12ga. Of the two 12ga ones, One had major issues and one of them had the vent rib blow off on the guy during a three gun match. The other was carved by John Kennedy and hangs on a wall and has never been fired.

Both of the 20ga were defective and only one was under warrenty as the warrenty starts when they leave the factory, not when you buy them. I bought these weapons on April 26th and the warrenty on one of them ran out on April 16th, ten days before I bought them. The guy that bought that one got no where with Century so I called and got less then no where. I will never have anything or sell anything from that company again.

I must add that the one that was under warrenty was repaired and returned to the owner but he had to pay shipping.

Get a Stoeger as I have not heard anything bad about those and I have fired one that a friend owns and found it well made.

LarryD1130
03-09-2010, 20:46
Yeah I think i'm just going to save my money and buy something nice.

MrOldLude
03-16-2010, 20:23
Alternatively, if you're looking for a coach-gun, there's always the Remington (spartan) SPR210.

http://www.johnnythundersticks.com/REMINGTON_SPR210.jpg

Branded a remington, made by Baikal. They're tanks.

Victoriagotagun
03-16-2010, 20:46
Alternatively, if you're looking for a coach-gun, there's always the Remington (spartan) SPR210.

http://www.johnnythundersticks.com/REMINGTON_SPR210.jpg

Branded a remington, made by Baikal. They're tanks.

Remington no longer imports the Baikal shotguns.

B Coyote
03-16-2010, 21:20
Get a Stoeger as I have not heard anything bad about those and I have fired one that a friend owns and found it well made.

+1.

Back in the days when I shot CAS matches I was scary fast with my Stoeger double. After a good chamber polishing and fixing the automatic safety, that gun was awesome. Never had an issue in thousands of rounds. I actually miss this gun.

bc