Question please? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question please?

flagaman
03-08-2010, 12:20
I asked this question on Kahrtalk, but to no avail. Hope someone on this forum can help me. I have two Kahrs, one has the old model slide and the other has the new one. What is the actual difference?
Regards.

viniglock
03-08-2010, 13:20
I asked this question on Kahrtalk, but to no avail. Hope someone on this forum can help me. I have two Kahrs, one has the old model slide and the other has the new one. What is the actual difference?
Regards.

Did you try to contact Kahr?:whistling:

ilight
03-08-2010, 14:57
I do know one difference on the MK9... I just ordered night sights and there is a difference in the way the dovetail is cut (shape) between the newer and older slides.

ripley16
03-08-2010, 18:05
I do know one difference on the MK9... I just ordered night sights and there is a difference in the way the dovetail is cut (shape) between the newer and older slides.

+1 That's the only difference I'm aware of.

flagaman
03-09-2010, 11:17
Thanks gentlemen. I do know you have to have different spring kits as well. Just curious as to possible difference effecting life of the slide. Probaby follow y'alls advice and call kahr.
Regards to all and thank you.

BackDraft
03-09-2010, 12:54
The differance is in the sight cuts.

viniglock
03-09-2010, 18:36
The differance is in the sight cuts.

Thanks for that information, for a moment I thought that the difference were not significant. A picture worth more than a thousands words.

flagaman
03-10-2010, 12:09
Thanks Backdraft
I did email kahr and they also said it's mainly the sight grooves. They also said that, depending on the model, there can be a slight difference in the slide length. I am just wondering why the different spring kit numbers. Thanks to all.
Regards gentlemen.

BackDraft
03-18-2010, 20:35
As far as springs go Kahr lowered the recoil spring rate due to complaint it was too hard for some to retract the slide. At one time Kahr I think had a Lady Kahr that had lighter springs favored more for women. That's the best I can recall.