Emerson Knife Owners, Knife owners [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Emerson Knife Owners, Knife owners

wolf19r
03-08-2010, 20:36
Any Emerson knife owners out there? I just got a mini commander and I'm very impressed except for when opening and closing the knife it squeaks. Any good ideas to lube it up and get rid of the squeak? I've tried militech but its not working. Thanks

sns3guppy
03-08-2010, 20:44
Militech isn't really a lube, it's a gimmick.

I own a number of Emersons, including several Commanders and mini-commanders. Great knives. I've carried them in some of the "worst places on earth," and I've carried them at times when they were all I could carry. I've trusted my life to them, or at least, to what I could do with them, and I carry them today.

Your knife shouldn't squeak. Try an actual oil. Militech isn't. (it also doesn't impregnate metal as the manufacturer claims, but that's another story. It also isn't heavily used by the military as the manufacturer claims...also another story...just don't buy into their hype).

wolf19r
03-08-2010, 21:01
I've had this bottle forever so I thought I'd try it out. Any recommendations?

piebiter
03-09-2010, 08:55
I carry an Emerson daily...never squeaked so I can't help you there. They're well made, dependable knives however.

skippz
03-16-2010, 22:56
I use breakfree clp on my blades... not the spray, but the actual liquid lube

syntaxerrorsix
03-17-2010, 10:52
I've owned and carried Emerson knives for since about '88. I currently have 2 CQC7's and a recently replaced (under warranty) Commander. I'll be searching the market for a Tactical Persian soon.

Great people make great knives.

wolf19r
03-17-2010, 17:58
Thanks I just sent it back to Emerson to let them have a crack at it. Benchmade now those are my idea of high quality knives. But we shall see.

ronin.45
03-18-2010, 19:24
Emerson's are excellent knives. You can count on them to work when you need them.

I used to like Benchmade until they started making knives in Taiwan. For years they advertised as the top american knife company. They put a ton of emphasis on being american made and then started making knives overseas. I have no problem with foreign knives(I love my Spydercos) but you should not sell out to make a buck.

feesix
03-18-2010, 20:00
Benchmade are haveing qc issues. Ive had the same knife replaced twice do to the blade hitting a spacer bar and chipping that blade. Email benchmade no reponse. Yeah no more bms for me. Emerson all the way

skippz
03-19-2010, 02:53
I'm sorry but I PREFER USA made knives... I will go out of my way to get one... I have several quality knives made in seki japan and have no complaints but if I have the choice I willl choose USA. This is tough considering its much more expensive. I would readily pay an extra $50 for USA made knives of the same quality.

BizkitShooter
03-22-2010, 18:32
Emerson. Now that's a knife!

I have been carying a CQC-15 for a few years now. Great knife. No squeaks though.