Bad Prices! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bad Prices!

twag4
03-08-2010, 23:22
I went to a gun show this weekend, kinda wanna purchase a .22 semi-auto pistol for my son, wife and daughter to shoot. These guys were selling used stuff for new prices. On top of that i get to pay sales tax. I am interested in a Ruger MKII/III most likely. It doesnt have to be fancy and a 4inch barrel would be fine. What is reasonable to pay for a used one? I could internet order and pay FFL to receive for the prices these dill holes were trying to get. Are these that hard to come by used?

DJ Niner
03-09-2010, 00:44
Good used ones at great prices can be hard to find. Most folks that buy one of these, end up REALLY liking it, which means that, yes, there are fewer of them on the used gun market.

I do see them on occasion, but usually the prices are not that great. I'd recommend checking pawn shops, auction listings, or (if it allowed in your area) newspaper classifieds and free trader-type advertising papers.

Summit Gun Brokers gets a few every now and then; if you have a FFL that will receive/transfer for a decent price, you could check Summit periodically:

http://www.summitgunbroker.com/index.html

Look on the left side menu for "Ruger MK-II" or "Ruger MK-III", or just ".22 Pistols".

dave333
03-09-2010, 08:59
I have determined gun shows are only good to go to if you want to be able to look at in person and handle a large number and wide variety of firearms. Prices are just stupid. Unless you want to buy a used gun I would use the shows for research and buy online if you can find someone in your area that can do transfers for you for a reasonable price.

Otherwise, make friends with the owner of a gun shop in your area, and try to get some help on pricing.

Omaha-BeenGlockin
03-09-2010, 09:55
I purchased a cherry 4'' MkII a couple months back for $200 from Cabela's of all places.

unit1069
03-09-2010, 20:16
I bought a used Mark II from a gun shop for $220 about six months ago. I tried to talk him down to $200 but he wouldn't budge, saying, "It's a good pistol at a decent price; somebody will buy it". So I paid the asking price and I have been happy ever since.

The only alteration I've done is swap out the old worn, chipped extractor for a Volquartsen extractor and it's become extremely reliable with cheap bulk ammo.

anyplainjoe
03-09-2010, 21:08
Just buy it new from a retailer.