Just curious [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just curious

Jack_Pine
03-10-2010, 09:04
Just curious if any of you guys saw my thread on my problem with State Police/Foid.

Thought you would appreciate it more because we live under the same system.

Here (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1192944)

Today I called and the guys was very rude, cutting me off. Finally he looked it up and said it will be re-instated when the supervisor can get to it, she is behind. Feel better about that but what a ridiculous system that they only match name and birth date to send revocation letter.

Ok I'm done.

infiniti0505
03-20-2010, 00:13
I highly doubt things are going to get better in this state......only one option.... MOVE (at least that is my plan) :cool:

05FLHT
03-20-2010, 06:58
Things are getting better, although there is still a ways to go. I am sorry to hear about the hoops you had to jump through, from stories I have heard it is not uncommon.

If anybody is interested, there are things that can be done to help restore gun rights in Illinois. For starters, Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day was just held in Springfield. If you had reservations and did not go, commit yourself to be there next year. It was a 4 hour drive for us (my wife and I), but we made the day of it. We got to spend some much needed time together, had a great breakfast/lunch and really had a good time marching to the capitol with 7000 other like minded individuals.

Coming up there are town hall meetings in Kane and Will County. The town hall meeting in Kane County (at Pheasant Run Resort) is April 8th and in Will County is May 25th (at Lincoln HS). Everyone is invited to attend, bring a significant other or friend if you can. Likewise, if you are interested in setting up a town hall meeting where you live, come check out Illinoiscarry for more info.

Illinoiscarry is a fantastic sight that is always current on the issues. There is a daily watch of the IL House and Senate, tracking of good/bad bills and regular updates by the NRA lobbyist for IL. When calls/faxes/Emails are needed for good or bad bills, alerts are posted with what the bill is about and who to call, be it your Senator, Representative or other Committee Members.

These are just a few examples of how anybody can get involved in making a change in Illinois. For now Illinois is my home. I can sit back, hope things change and let others work to make a difference, or I can try and do my small part to try and make change a reality.

There is a a lot of legislation pending in the next 5 weeks before the summer break, and if you have not made contact already, your elected officials need to hear from you. A ruling in McDonald is really just a hop, skip and jump away in June. Come Fall, this years Veto Session should get very interesting.

as400guy1
03-22-2010, 01:02
I highly doubt things are going to get better in this state......only one option.... MOVE (at least that is my plan) :cool:
As soon as my son graduates and moves out, I'm gone.

Jack_Pine
03-23-2010, 09:21
Update: Still jumping through hoops. they have all my stuff and have called twice. They are not giving me any indication there is a problem (even though it is still in a revoked state), but just going through the process.

Very frustrating. don't wee anywhere in the constitution where is says the right requires a card.

You would think they would expedite this knowing it is their problem, but that's just me.