Nickel/stainless 870 question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Nickel/stainless 870 question

Click2
03-10-2010, 18:01
Hey all,
I'm looking for a 870 for another project of mine and I'm looking for a nickle or stainless with an 18" barrel that is not the marine magnum, just a standard 5 shot. Is this still around? I seem to remember seeing them awhile back, or was that another brand?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Click2

aippi
03-10-2010, 19:04
Remington does not make one today and not sure if they ever did. You can have any weapon nickle plated if that is what you want so get any 870 and have that done. don't know what your issue is with the Marine Magnum as it is simply a Nickel plated 870.

.45 Combat
03-10-2010, 19:42
Hey all,
I'm looking for a 870 for another project of mine and I'm looking for a nickle or stainless with an 18" barrel that is not the marine magnum, just a standard 5 shot. Is this still around? I seem to remember seeing them awhile back, or was that another brand?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Click2
Get yourself a 870 Tactical, it has a X/S sights with a rail, then have NP3plus process done on the shotgun. That's my recommendation.

CTfam
03-10-2010, 19:51
That Marine Magnum is straight sex.

I do have an NP3'd G-19. It's a great finish but not worth the trouble IMO. If I could do it again I'd just buy a case of ammo instead.

Click2
03-10-2010, 20:16
Thanks for the help. I've had the marine magnum and I liked it, but this is for a compact backpack gun to go in my "go" bag up here in AK. I need a folding stock and an 18" barrel with as little weight as possible, hence the 5 shot.

Click2

aippi
03-10-2010, 20:25
I have multiple custom guns of mine being used up there by guides and even some puddle jumpers who carry them in the cabin of their planes. All these weapons are Heavy parkerized and there has never been a complaint. some of the guys even strap them on while fishing and simply clean them when they get home. Any 870 models with the Knoxx SpecOps folder or Butler Creek folder would serve your intended use if it was parkerized with the proper stock and police upgrades to give the same feed and function as the P model.

Glockdude1
03-10-2010, 20:29
I want a police marine magnum 870 (hard to find)

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx?item=25047

http://www.galleryofguns.com/prod_images/25047.jpg