Apex Tactical [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Apex Tactical

BadAndy
03-11-2010, 11:35
Installed their sear in my M&P 9FS not too long ago and it made a big improvement. They finally came out with their own striker block and I installed it last night. WOW what a difference!! One of the main complaints about the M&P triggers I've read is that the trigger is gritty. Well, even if you don't want to mess with replacing the sear (even though it takes maybe 10 minutes) but you hate the grittiness of the long trigger pull, you should definitely buy one of their striker blocks. The reset is a little more noticeable now and the pull is extremely smooth.

It's also nice that they aren't very expensive upgrades. Thumbs up to Apex Tactical! :wavey:

ecmills
03-13-2010, 20:20
The firing pin plunger / striker block is also a five minute DIY fix, for free, if you have the ability to plug in a dremel. ;)

But if you're afraid of messing up your pistol, or have the mechanical aptitude of a coma victim, the Apex parts are very well priced.

Flork
03-15-2010, 14:34
Hi everybody.

I'm Scott Folk with Apex Tactical Specialties. If I can answer any questions about our parts please feel free to ask.

Thanks.

Scott

Motor-T
07-24-2010, 13:31
Scott,
I just got a .45 M&P to use for IDPA CDP. What do you recommend for a no holds barred comp trigger (links please). This will not be used for any purpose other than IDPA.

Flork
07-24-2010, 20:24
If it's gonna be a range/play gun only, I'd get the Comp-AEK.

If you find the trigger is too light, you can always swap back in the factory springs and have your trigger at 4ish-lbs....or mix and match the factory springs with Apex for anything in between.

If you want it at 2.5 or so lbs, the Comp AEK is what to go with....if you want 4lbs....just the Hard Sear and USB is the route I'd take.

RH45
07-25-2010, 20:10
Scott,
I just got a .45 M&P to use for IDPA CDP. What do you recommend for a no holds barred comp trigger (links please). This will not be used for any purpose other than IDPA.

Go for the complete kit.

I put one in my 9mm Pro, and even though it only reduced the pull from 72 oz. to 36oz. it feels a lot crisper.

corpdriller
08-09-2010, 19:22
Can an M&P be used in CDP???

Motor-T
08-09-2010, 19:24

Yes it can. In .45. And you can only load 8+1.

Flork
08-09-2010, 19:24

I think so, but don't quote me, I'd post that question on the IDPA forum and get a better answer.

MSgt Dotson
08-09-2010, 19:50
The requirements for CDP are:

Semi-auto pistol, in '.45 ACP', ...

So, yes, the M&P45 is just fine, I've used my own in IDPA...