Saiga & Arsenal Polymer Folder [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Saiga & Arsenal Polymer Folder

George4
03-11-2010, 18:09
Thanks in part to this forum I am now the proud owner of a Saiga 7.62x39 conversion. I am an old guy and for physical reasons like the idea of an Arsenal polymer solid butt folder. I'm aware of the ACE and such but not interested. What I am learning the Arsenal and its folding mechanism might not be an easy installation for me to do to my Saiga and if not, probably too expensive to have it professionally done. I saw a knock off but it appeared to have a long block extending back from the receiver, something like the TAPCO folders, don't care for that look for the money involved. Anyone have experience with the Arsenal? THANK YOU all for your posts, helped me a lot in doing my conversion.:supergrin:

Reswob
03-11-2010, 20:22
The Arsenal folder rocks. Having the Saiga modded to accept it would be expensive. You have to cut the receiver to fit the trunion, along with holes for the lock mechanism, and a hole toward the front for the hook that keeps the stock folded.

9mm +p+
03-11-2010, 23:09
I've got an SLR-107 with the folder and it is the best folding stock that I've ever used,period. It'd be pricey to set up yours that way, the stock sets with hardware usually run $200+ on the forums. Then there's machine work involved on your receiver, it'd be pricey! But if you're set on a supeer folder it's the only choice IMO.

Herdsman76
03-12-2010, 08:44
I agree totally. I have the SLR-106 Side Folder in 5.56. And yes I'm sure the work to convert one in a similar format would be a bit complex unless you have the tools/equipment to do it.

Buy one, you won't be disappointed.

H76

George4
03-12-2010, 18:46
Thanks everyone for your input, just as I thought - a great product.....like anything else.....am I willing to pay the $.