LW Barrel & Comp review. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LW Barrel & Comp review.

JTknives
03-11-2010, 20:25
Well today i received my 10mm LW barrel and comp. I am a machinist by trade so i have a picky eye. I must say there barrel is top notch and i am very pleased with it. the fit and finish of all the turning work on it is great and i could not be happier. I i did not know better i would say the glock barrel was the cheep aftermarket. its just first class all the way. Then Comp is also good, the mating of the threads to the barrel are great and there is a solid lock up with the set screw. There are some tooling marks from turning on the front and rear of the comp. I personally would not let a part go out like that but i also understand that it does happen and it takes time and money to make one perfect. other then that the rest of the milling on the comp is really great and looks very good. I will be testing them out this weekend and will record some video with and with out comp so you can get an idea how well it works. i will then post them here and my thoughts. I must say that for the money you get an excellent product that should be worth way more.

DrtyHarry
03-12-2010, 10:29
Looking forward to pics, video, and your review!

DH

JTknives
03-12-2010, 19:04
One thing i noticed was the Lone wolf logo, its not bad per say but the laser etching was not crisp and when you would fee it with the fingers it felt rough. also it was bead blasted to hide any tool marks. i quickly decided that the bead blast finish had to go. so i sanded it with 600 grit sandpaper and man it looks like a million bucks. even the LW logo looks good.

lunker
03-13-2010, 07:37
One thing i noticed was the Lone wolf logo, its not bad per say but the laser etching was not crisp and when you would fee it with the fingers it felt rough. also it was bead blasted to hide any tool marks. i quickly decided that the bead blast finish had to go. so i sanded it with 600 grit sandpaper and man it looks like a million bucks. even the LW logo looks good.

I always paid the extra $10 to have them put it on the bottom of the barrel. I think the logo is a bit gaudy on an all-business gun.