Blackhawk Spec Ops stock on an Interstate Arms Hawk 982? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk Spec Ops stock on an Interstate Arms Hawk 982?

1bigtaco
03-12-2010, 00:28
Have any of you guys ever installed a Blackhawk Spec Ops stock for an 870 onto a IAC Hawk 982 (870 knock off)? TIA

Victoriagotagun
03-12-2010, 13:29
870 stocks will fit it.

GTKAYAKER
03-13-2010, 01:09
I have a Norinco 98 which I'm told is the same as a Hawk 982 and it will not accept a Blackhawk/Knoxx stock without modifing the receiver. The receiver nut that the stock bolt threads into is smaller with different thread pattern. You could replace the receiver nut with one from Remington 870 but it is larger diameter and therefore you must retap the receiver to accept it.

MAX100
03-13-2010, 04:15
I have a Norinco 98 which I'm told is the same as a Hawk 982 and it will not accept a Blackhawk/Knoxx stock without modifing the receiver. The receiver nut that the stock bolt threads into is smaller with different thread pattern. You could replace the receiver nut with one from Remington 870 but it is larger diameter and therefore you must retap the receiver to accept it.

There are few with receiver studs that have a metric thread pattern; only a few. I also have a Hawk 98 manufactured 8 years ago and it has a standard receiver stud.

You need to go the hardware store and get metric bolt that will work with the BlackHawk stock. Carry the receiver stud with you and the bolt from the BH stock.

GC