Got an email from kvar about 5.45 rifles [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Got an email from kvar about 5.45 rifles

my762buzz
03-12-2010, 13:02
I guess they been paying attention to the recent sub $400 specials offered by other companies. LOL with a big warning at the bottom.

Here it is cut and pasted:

WHAT YOU GET STANDARD WITH ALL SLG31-61 (AK-74) RIFLES
• Manufacturing that follows the strict guidelines set by M. T. Kalashnikov

• 100% brand new military spec parts and components

• Assembly that has been done with pride and attention to details

• Factory made brand new chrome lined hammer forged barrels

• The only AKs remanufactured in the US using NEW US made parts that are built to the original military specifications

• All U.S. made furniture (buttstocks, pistol grips, and handguards) are made using the actual molds that were used in manufacturing the original military rifles.

• Lower handgurads that incorporate Arsenal Inc’s exclusive Stainless Steel heat shield that has been proven to be 50% more effective at dissipating heat than all other heat shields available

• All rifles are test fired to ensure reliability and accuracy before leaving the Arsenal Inc. factory

•A 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty

SPECIFICATIONS: • Caliber: 5.45 x 39.5 mm

• Total Length: 927 mm (36 1/2 in.)

• Barrel Length: 415 mm (16.3 in.)

• Rifling: 4 grooves

• Twist Rate: 1 in 195 mm (7.68 in.) • Weight without Magazine: 3.31 kg (7.30 lbs.)

• Muzzle Velocity: 900 m/s (2,953 fps)

• Effective Range: 500 m (550 yds)

• Maximum Range: 1,350 m (1,480 yds)

• Rear Sight Range: 1000 m (1,094 yds)

Terms and Conditions Click here to READ

Still considering other 5.45x39 caliber rifles? Learn more facts other companies don’t want you to know below!

WARNING!

Don’t be a victim of unethical companies that sell you rifles put together from used, sub-standard, after-market parts as new rifles.
What you get when you buy from other companies:
• Used parts kits added to substandard receivers and barrels

• Parts that have already been used beyond their expected life span

• New Parts that are reverse engineered to look somewhat like the originals but do not offer the same quality, durability and functionality

• Rifles assembled using un-orthodox, non-standard manufacturing techniques that will not pass QA acceptance of real AK factories

• Rifles that will not pass any of the original factory gauges (none of the real manufacturers will release those rifles due to safety guidelines and liabilities)

• The embarrassment of owning of a crappy rifle

CarlosC
03-12-2010, 13:22
• The embarrassment of owning of a crappy rifle

That's my favorite!!! :supergrin:

9mm +p+
03-12-2010, 14:21
Yep, I just passed up a Century 5.45 that had the 5.56 barrel installed, got an SGL-21 instead and couldn't be happier.

Novocaine
03-12-2010, 14:57
:rofl: “Don’t be a victim of unethical companies”- would be a good time to mention that Izhmash considers every US-built AK a counterfeit.

“strict guidelines set by M. T. Kalashnikov” – It supposed to be a good thing? I wouldn’t trust a hammer if the technology behind it was developed by this illiterate fraud.

How do you reconcile “100% brand new military spec” and “Arsenal Inc’s exclusive”? How do you reconcile “100% brand new military spec” and “semi-auto only” when speaking of AK?

From what I understand KVar puts together nice AK look-alikes. Why the need for cheap-ass crap like that?

my762buzz
03-12-2010, 15:18
:rofl: “Don’t be a victim of unethical companies”

Its their anti-Century campaign. The next big move besides M.K. autographed
$5000 5.45 rifles that they showcased at the shotshow would be to get MK to do a special video ad where he compares a century wasr to a new Russian AK 103 and goes nuts on the WASR like maybe calling a fake spitting on it cussing at it in Russian and shooting at it. Well, I am just saying it seems like they are getting serious about competing with primate international arms's wasr 10.

durian00
03-13-2010, 21:19
SLG-31s still are >$800.

toshbar
03-14-2010, 01:26
I'd rather get a 100% Russian Saiga straight off the assembly line(does Russia have assembly lines?) and do it myself.

Oh wait, I did! Except the stock is Romanian now, but it doesn't say that anywhere on it and it's a copy of the East German folder so.........

Bottom line is that I like it and built it that way and take pride in doing just that.

Aceman
03-14-2010, 16:00
That's my favorite!!! :supergrin:

None of us would have AK's if we had issues with crappy rifles!