My First Sig P226: Tactical Operations or E2? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My First Sig P226: Tactical Operations or E2?

Flipz
03-12-2010, 12:41
Ive been looking at getting a Sig pistol for awhile now. Ive been trying to decide between the P226 E2 and the P226 Tactical Operations that is due out soon. Im leaning more toward the E2 at the moment but havent really made up my mind. I really like the short resest trigger and want it to be standard on whatever model I decide on. I know the Elite models have the SRT also but I dont want to pay all that extra money for wood grips that Im going to replace right away and never use.

So it comes down to which model should I get, E2 or Tactical Operations? I can get the E2 for $800 + tax. Im not sure what the price for the TO model would be since its not out yet. Which would you go with and why?

Oh and before anyone asks, yes, I have held the E2 and I like the grip.

Cobra64
03-13-2010, 20:31
Ive been looking at getting a Sig pistol for awhile now. Ive been trying to decide between the P226 E2 and the P226 Tactical Operations that is due out soon. Im leaning more toward the E2 at the moment but havent really made up my mind. I really like the short resest trigger and want it to be standard on whatever model I decide on. I know the Elite models have the SRT also but I dont want to pay all that extra money for wood grips that Im going to replace right away and never use.

So it comes down to which model should I get, E2 or Tactical Operations? I can get the E2 for $800 + tax. Im not sure what the price for the TO model would be since its not out yet. Which would you go with and why?

Oh and before anyone asks, yes, I have held the E2 and I like the grip.

Based on your comments, the E2 would be the best fit for you. :)

Flipz
03-20-2010, 23:37
I ended up going with the P226 Elite in 9mm. Now I have to wait 7-10 days till I can pick her up. I got it brand new with two 15 round mags for $800 plus tax. Pretty good deal I think. I cant wait to take her to the range. Eventually I'll also get the .22lr conversion kit for it.