Ruger 10/22 "full auto" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ruger 10/22 "full auto"

dragon281tx
03-12-2010, 19:03
Hey guys. I've seen so called "full auto" 10/22 vids online a long time ago and I was wondering what mod it was and where I can get one. If my memory serves me right, it's a mod that you can buy that "bump fires" the weapon for you while holding down the trigger, hence imitating a full auto. I've also heard because of that, this mod is LEGAL and is pretty much the closest thing you can get to full auto LEGALLY. But this was a long time ago and I dont know if anything's changed regarding this mod. I've tried googling it but i wasn't able to find any info on it.
If you know what this is, please let me know. I'm in the market for a .22LR rifle and if the 10/22 is capable of this, it just might very well be my next purchase. Which brings me to my next question: Are there any other .22LR rifles capable of this? The other rifle im interested in is the Sig 522. If there's something like this for the 522, please let me know. Thanks in advance

MCKNBRD
03-12-2010, 19:10
I'll be the first one to take the bait; you are tapdancing on a landmine with the 'bump firing' thing. Do a little more research, and I think you'll find its a trick with the trigger, so most any autoloading rifle can do it. Do just a little bit MORE research, and you'll probably find that its kinda like those 'passive' radar jammers in your car. Just a great way to seperate you from your money and get a LOT of questions asked of you by the boys in blue.

GSSF17
03-12-2010, 19:26
Hey guys. I've seen so called "full auto" 10/22 vids ..... The other rifle im interested in is the Sig 522. If there's something like this for the 522, please let me know. Thanks in advance

SA?

Forget everything you have said or suggested. I, for one, will not take this bait. Or at least, in full.

If you want to fire a weapon full auto, or have the audacity to post about flirting with the idea here, I will tell you as all others will (or should) on this site:

Get the BATFE stamp, do the right thing, and comply with all NFA rules.

Thanks.:upeyes:

Next?

Rooster Rugburn
03-12-2010, 22:00
A mod to the gun would be illegal.

There is, or was, a trigger doohickey called the Hellfire that would assist a type of bump firing. I had one years ago, but found it worthless.

If I am not mistaken, even though the Hellfire company said it was legal, and had letters from the ATF saying so, the BATFE later deemed them "full auto" upgrades and considered them Class III.

Realistically, they are useless because to go bump fire auto makes it inaccurate and wastes ammo. The Hellfire was intended to be shot from the hip, which was even more ridiculous.

Controlled semi auto fire is enough for extreme recreational purposes.

dragon281tx
03-12-2010, 22:34
A mod to the gun would be illegal.

There is, or was, a trigger doohickey called the Hellfire that would assist a type of bump firing. I had one years ago, but found it worthless.

If I am not mistaken, even though the Hellfire company said it was legal, and had letters from the ATF saying so, the BATFE later deemed them "full auto" upgrades and considered them Class III.

Realistically, they are useless because to go bump fire auto makes it inaccurate and wastes ammo. The Hellfire was intended to be shot from the hip, which was even more ridiculous.

Controlled semi auto fire is enough for extreme recreational purposes.

Thanks for the info and not being an ******* about it. I am in no way trying to get around the ATF by modding stuff and making it "full auto." I just thought i stumbled on something that would resemble full auto shooting that isn't frowned upon by the ATF. I should've known there's no such thing.

droberts
03-12-2010, 22:36
Watch this . Its easy , fun and a waste of ammo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Va1TXGSCXk

dragon281tx
03-12-2010, 22:53
Watch this . Its easy , fun and a waste of ammo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Va1TXGSCXk

Yes I've tried that with my AR. I'm no pro though. I can only get a few shots in at a time.

Rooster Rugburn
03-12-2010, 23:07
Thanks for the info and not being an ******* about it. I am in no way trying to get around the ATF by modding stuff and making it "full auto." I just thought i stumbled on something that would resemble full auto shooting that isn't frowned upon by the ATF. I should've known there's no such thing.

How was I being an *******? You asked a question, I gave you the answer. If you don't like the answer, don't be a punk about it.

You probably don't understand that this is the kind of subject that gets locked PDQ at GT. Realistically, you are still asking about a mod that could be illegal in the eyes of the BATFE without a Class III stamp.

Again, just because you don't like the answer, doesn't mean you have to be a punk.

dragon281tx
03-12-2010, 23:22
How was I being an *******? You asked a question, I gave you the answer. If you don't like the answer, don't be a punk about it.

You probably don't understand that this is the kind of subject that gets locked PDQ at GT. Realistically, you are still asking about a mod that could be illegal in the eyes of the BATFE without a Class III stamp.

Again, just because you don't like the answer, doesn't mean you have to be a punk.

LOL no need to get hostile. Read the post again. I said "thanks for NOT being an *******."

G19freak
03-12-2010, 23:55
My buddy has a Norell 10/22---8k and a tax stamp gets you a legal full auto .22

HandyMan Hugh
03-13-2010, 00:06
Dragon, let's see if he has the courage to apologize for that gaffe!

lanternlad
03-13-2010, 00:28
How would you like your crow, Rooster?

Glock-it-to-me
03-13-2010, 00:45
Legal and fun!

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0034775227757a.shtml

http://images.cabelas.com/is/image/cabelas/s7_227757_imageset_02?$main-Large$

HandyMan Hugh
03-13-2010, 01:20

IIRC, Defeathered, and well done, with a large piece of humble pie for dessert! :supergrin:

Rooster Rugburn
03-13-2010, 10:19

Well done with sauteed onions, black eye peas and cornbread on the side. That humble pie Hugh mentioned will be nice for desert.

My sincerest apologies. I was wrong. My buddy Jack must have impaired my reading.

dragon281tx
03-13-2010, 14:29
Legal and fun!

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0034775227757a.shtml

http://images.cabelas.com/is/image/cabelas/s7_227757_imageset_02?$main-Large$

I've seen this in action. Looks fun, but can't be that accurate, could it?

dragon281tx
03-13-2010, 14:30
IIRC, Defeathered, and well done, with a large piece of humble pie for dessert! :supergrin:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

dragon281tx
03-13-2010, 14:31
My sincerest apologies. I was wrong. My buddy Jack must have impaired my reading.

No worries. Just a simple misunderstanding

Angry Fist
03-13-2010, 14:43
I'm not sure if it's FA, but there is an NFA 10/22 that's entire barrel is a suppressor... that would be fun, too.

DaveCharlie09
03-13-2010, 14:45
There was also the Akins Accelerator stock for the 10/22.

dragon281tx
03-13-2010, 15:01
There was also the Akins Accelerator stock for the 10/22.

That's exactly the one I was talking about. That's the product that I saw years ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P8AbTKvykE <--- this was the video i saw back then lol. Damn too bad it's illegal now

mboylan
03-21-2010, 22:12
You are talking about the Atkin's Accelerator Stock. It was ruled a machine gun by the ATF. Every single one that was sold was confiscated.

The best legal way to make a 10/22 full auto is with a Norrell trigger pack. They cost around $8000-$8500.

mixflip
03-21-2010, 22:17
+1 on the Norell trigger pack. They are well known over on www.rimfirecentral.com

GSSF17
03-22-2010, 18:48
You are talking about the Atkin's Accelerator Stock. It was ruled a machine gun by the ATF. Every single one that was sold was confiscated.

The best legal way to make a 10/22 full auto is with a Norrell trigger pack. They cost around $8000-$8500.

Almost all were confiscated, anyway. But seriously. It is pretty slick when the addition of a "stock" and just a stock- makes the ordinary rifle in to a MG.

Nevertheless, it's cool, but not my cup of tea. I like my barrels unmelted.:rofl:

DustyJacket
03-22-2010, 19:50
..this mod is LEGAL and is pretty much the closest thing you can get to full auto LEGALLY....

Actually, full auto is, and always has been, LEGAL.

You just have to pay to play, and you have to wait. FA and other title II items are regulated, not illegal. (Unless your state makes them illegal.)

tjpet
03-27-2010, 04:41
Full auto small arms have always been legal but since 1986 it's become a rich man's game. Starting in that year no new auto arms could be sold to the general public. Everything before that was grandfathered in and the prices have since climbed out of sight.

Scott 40S&W
03-31-2010, 08:45
You would be better off buying a couple of 10-22's and spend the rest of the money on ammo and training.
I went to the range one day last year and this guy was there with a F/A Uzi 9mm he was shooting a plate rack at 10 yards. For 6 plates he was using 20+rounds and taking about 10 seconds. I shot the plates in under 6 seconds with no misses. The pro's can do it in under 3 seconds. "Learn to run the gun you have"(Clint Smith)