INTRAC MKII Romanian [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : INTRAC MKII Romanian

glocked-up
03-12-2010, 21:59
I was browsing around in a pawn shop today and found an INTRAC MKII Romanian AK in 5.45x39...has Knox, TN on reciever next to the other lettering. It had kind of army green furniture on it and it looked like the reciever and barrel were the same color. The rifle as a whole looked to be in fair condition. But what caught my eye was the magazine, it was a brown glossy color.

I was interested in this AK and magazine because I had never saw one like that. Anyone have any info on this rifle and magazine? And what value would you place on it?

CnRnut
03-13-2010, 08:01
I was browsing around in a pawn shop today and found an INTRAC MKII Romanian AK in 5.45x39...has Knox, TN on reciever next to the other lettering. It had kind of army green furniture on it and it looked like the reciever and barrel were the same color. The rifle as a whole looked to be in fair condition. But what caught my eye was the magazine, it was a brown glossy color.

I was interested in this AK and magazine because I had never saw one like that. Anyone have any info on this rifle and magazine? And what value would you place on it?

The MK II was the first "AK type" in 5.45 to come in. They came with
a "drag type" stock,and my understanding is no US parts.
Magazine sounds like a Bulgie one. They came in cantainers full. Think at
one point they were $2-3 each.
In today market I'd put a price of $450 max,that is if the green stock set is
a US made K-var set.
Check gas tube, piston and gas block for pitting,as well as bolt face.

glocked-up
03-13-2010, 14:51
The MK II was the first "AK type" in 5.45 to come in. They came with
a "drag type" stock,and my understanding is no US parts.
Magazine sounds like a Bulgie one. They came in cantainers full. Think at
one point they were $2-3 each.
In today market I'd put a price of $450 max,that is if the green stock set is
a US made K-var set.
Check gas tube, piston and gas block for pitting,as well as bolt face.

Well I went back to the pawn shop and looked the rifle over again...looks to be in good shape except for the ugly furniture and paint job.

The charging handle is different than I've seen on other AKs. Instead of coming straight out it turns up at 90 degree, what's that about? ...also there is not anything on the end of the muzzle. There is also a scope mount on the right side of the reciever. There is no cleaning rod, sling or cleaning kit.

The magazine is a 30 rounder as described above but I noticed it has made in Germany on it. He has 5 more for a total of 6.

He is asking $425 for the rifle w/ 2 mags and $20 apiece for the other four.

How can I tell if it has K-var furniture?

CarlosC
03-13-2010, 15:09
Don't waste time, get it.

spyder1969
03-14-2010, 10:57
I bought one three weeks ago from a local gun shop. Just hung there all by itself. Had to take it home. All parts have the same number and is cal. 5.45x39. Shoots dead on and is accurate with iron sights. Has the wire stock. I read online INTRAC went out of business back in the 90's due to Clinton's ban.