SGL21 First impressions. Finally got it! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SGL21 First impressions. Finally got it!

JGguns
03-13-2010, 14:17
I just picked my sgl21-72(plum, with nato length stock). First impression are great. Now I wont get a chance to shoot it till tomarrow (hopefully). But I am very impressed with the fit and finish of the gun. All the marking are clear and sharp. Everything is tight, trigger is decent, and the finish on the gun is immaculate. Now I dont have much experiance with ak's, wasr 10 and a norinco and thats about it. But the fit an finish is much much better than either of those.

Only question I have so far is about the action, it seems pretty tight. The first 1/4 is smooth then it its a hard spot, then it smooths out some. I am guessing the hard spot is wear the hammer is first engaged. Just wondering if this is somthing that will smooth up over time? Not a big deal at all, just curious. I am not expecting butter cause of the action type and the spring....

Any way I am 100% satisfied with my purchase and cannot wait to shoot it!!!:supergrin:

Chevytruckin98
03-13-2010, 14:35
It will smooth up a bit, but not much in my experience. Also, only use CLP to clean the rifle, as the finish wont stand a chance against harsh solvents (including Simple Green). Congrats on the supurb rifle though

JGguns
03-13-2010, 15:05
Yeah I wasnt expecting much but thats good to hear. Thanks for th heads man!

Great sig chevy

Tailhunter
03-13-2010, 15:30
Better fit and finish then the norinco ... :wow:

JGguns
03-13-2010, 16:16
Yeah I wasnt to impressed with my brothers. I was expecting alot more, but it was still a excellent rifle... I really dont see how you could improve on the sgl though(as far as fit an finish)

9mm +p+
03-13-2010, 23:57
Congrats! I picked up an SGL-21 last weekend and I love it, it's my second Arsenal and like you said fit and finish are impecable. Have fun at the range.