Airsoft, Green Gas, BB, pellet [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Airsoft, Green Gas, BB, pellet

miniglock
03-13-2010, 18:31
When unable to get to a range, do you use Airsoft, Green Gas, BB or pellet pistols to practice? If so, what kind? I had a green-gas pistol about 4 years ago but, leaked so bad, I tossed it.

Gallium
03-13-2010, 18:52
I have a pellet G17/G18 that cost me $400 + with the extra battery, and 10k pellets. Got it overseas 4yrs ago or so...same weight and trigger as the standard Glock.

'Drew

Murgatroy
03-13-2010, 23:02
I got into Airsoft a couple of years ago with some co-workers as it was easier to clean up than paintball.

I have a green gas powered Beretta 92 that I used to teach the wife proper firearm safety. It never dawned on my at the time what a valuable tool the gun was, I just thought it was a toy when I bought it. However, since then I have used it to instruct several gun novices the basics, without the fee of going to a range, or the cost of ammo.

Other than learning basic handling with it, it is pretty much useless, but at least the gun doesn't sit in the closet with all my other paintball and airsoft 'toys' that I haven't used in years.

I would like to find a Glock now, as it would work with my carry rig, but it seems no one manufactures Glock airsoft guns anymore.

ranburr1
03-13-2010, 23:45
Green Gas for FOF training. Spend the money on a Good one ($200 and up).

Unnamed
03-14-2010, 19:08
Airsoft is a great way to practice dry firing. You can work on your sight alignment, sight picture, and trigger pull without any recoil; and you get the positive reinforcement of hitting a target.

The downside of course is that most airsoft weapons aren't especially accurate. Even the well made Hong Kong (Tokyo Marui) springers aren't especially accurate. The gas powered replicas are worse than the springers.

I've probably owned about a dozen airsoft spring pistols (currently four that work, they break a lot), and only a couple of those were especially accurate. I also currently own an upgraded gas powered Glock 18, but, while it's fun, the accuracy is terrible.

miniglock
03-15-2010, 12:43
Any brand recommendations?

ken grant
03-15-2010, 14:10
I have several KWA Glock 19's plus gave my Grandson one. They are great!
My #1 has over 16,000 BB's through it with no problems. I can't begin to guess how many Grandson's has through it and it is still going strong.

We use Coleman Propane to power ours and in warm temps, I can get over 6,000 shots per bottle.

The only problem is finding KWA Glocks as they are no longer imported into the USA and you will have to purchase overseas.

If you are into 1911's, you can get KWAs and they are great Airsofts and you can get them in the USA and also buy parts from KWAUSA.

Unnamed
03-15-2010, 19:35
Spring Pistol Brands:
Tokyo Marui (TM) is the top of the line. They're also the most expensive and are hard to find in the US. Their weight is better distributed, they have trademarks, and are built to higher standards. You won't find these easily but they're worth the time you spend. Check the Hong Kong sellers like redwolfairsoft.

UHC is widely available and make good quality guns. They're not as nice as TM, but a lot easier to find and generally half as expensive. Check US sellers like Airsoft Atlanta.

I'd stay away from most other springer manufacturers. If you can buy them at Walmart, they're usually junk.

Gas Pistol Brands:
Tokyo Marui make fine gas pistols that are much easier to find in the US than their spring powered pistols.

KSC/ KWA also make good quality pistols, and have a huge variety of models.

Western Arms make good pistols, their models are skewed very strongly towards 1911s.

Those are the big ones, there are other good manufacturers with smaller market shares as well. All of these can be found in the US at retailers like Airsoft Atlanta.

If you're looking for a dry fire training aid you'll want to stick to the springers. If you're looking for a fire-and-movement type training aid you'll want the recoil and semi-auto action of the gas pistols.