Magazine Holders [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Holders

JoeInKS
03-13-2010, 21:19
Well, I tried using the 4 that I have that I purchased off of a friend and frankly, they're terrible. Either I have a hard time taking the mag out quickly, or I catch it, or it about falls out of my hand, or..........

What do you folks use for competition. Mind you, I'm just trying to have fun and not trying to beat Sevigny, so am looking for good products but not really expensive one if possible.

Thanks....

By the way the Blade-tech DOH holster recommended came and I've tried it out. NICE... Thank you all for that recommendation.

waktasz
03-13-2010, 21:20
Comptac or Ready Tactical.

DustyDawg48
03-13-2010, 22:00
For my Glock 21 I have a leather DeSantis double mag pouch. For my other Glock models and my 1911 I have Fobus paddle-style double mag pouch. Some people really like single mag pouches vs the double but I haven't have any issues with my doubles.

robin303
03-13-2010, 22:03
I bought two of these and like them. http://www.opticsplanet.net/fobus-double-mag-pouch-glock-9-40-h-k-9-40-6900bh.html

HK Dan
03-14-2010, 12:52
For USPSA go with Safariland or CR Speed.

ecmills
03-14-2010, 18:11
Comptac or Ready Tactical.
This.

Two singles for the win. Ready Tac makes the best ones, if you can find them in stock.

Problems with doubles:
-Not as comfortable
-Can't space mags around that stupid belt loop that's always in the way
-Easier to snag the back mag and drop it on the ground while drawing the front one.
-They are always too loose or too tight, retention sucks

9mmXRAY
03-14-2010, 18:43
For my Glock 21 I have a leather DeSantis double mag pouch. For my other Glock models and my 1911 I have Fobus paddle-style double mag pouch. Some people really like single mag pouches vs the double but I haven't have any issues with my doubles.

+1 but for the Original Poster what sport and which pistol?? I use Fobus and havent had any issues with it at IDPA yet.

9x45
03-14-2010, 19:58
BladeTech singles, for USPSA/3 Gun/IDPA and Steel Challenge

jhayesvw
03-14-2010, 21:09
i have a fobus double that works great.
i just picked up an RSR or some crap like that for $9.
it may suck. havent tried it yet, but i will this sunday (a week from today).

PhoneCop
03-14-2010, 22:35
This.

Two singles for the win. Ready Tac makes the best ones, if you can find them in stock.

Problems with doubles:
-Not as comfortable
-Can't space mags around that stupid belt loop that's always in the way
-Easier to snag the back mag and drop it on the ground while drawing the front one.
-They are always too loose or too tight, retention sucks

This again. I've noted my doubles always have one holder that can made just right but not both. I've snatched two mags out at one time dropping precious 8 rnds on the grnd (when shooting a skinny this can be deadly).