WASR Makeover(COMPLETED??) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : WASR Makeover(COMPLETED??)

ussoldier202
03-14-2010, 06:40
A couple months ago I posted a thread w/ pics of what I was planning to do with my WASR. Some if you asked to see pics when I put it on. Well I just got back from Iraq 2 days ago. So here they are. Also my wife got me a welcome home gift,:wow: a Beneli Super Nova Tactical( Sorry guys shes taken:tongueout:). Incuded a pic of the Beneli also. What do you think?

WayaX
03-14-2010, 09:18
Nice guns, congrats.

Navitimer
03-14-2010, 09:38
Looks great! Thanks for your service!

Aceman
03-14-2010, 09:46
aren't cheap AK's just the funnest things!

Paint that EOTech tan.

Achped
03-14-2010, 12:52
So its like an AK that wants to be an AR. Cool, I get it!

Aceman
03-14-2010, 14:00
So its like an AK that wants to be an AR. Cool, I get it!

Not exactly...

It's a totally reliable weapon that shoots a man-sized round, that is now really cool.

As opposed to the AR, a really cool weapon that is not reliable and shoots a varmint sized round.

Which do you prefer?

KaliJuan
03-15-2010, 01:03
Awesome Work !!!!

I did some upgrades to my WASR as well, will post pics soon :)

ussoldier202
03-15-2010, 06:29
Thanks guys :wavey:. I thought I was goin to get mostly neg comments about not being a purist. If anyone knows how to get the slant brake off please let me know I been at it for 2 days. It should be left hand thread. I can push the pin in but it wont unscrew, I cant see a weld. Im about to try a blow torch.

skanless
03-15-2010, 22:58
I like it. Good job. :wavey:

visching101
03-15-2010, 23:24
what parts are those? looks pretty much like what i wanted to do to my wasr when it comes in. Though your hand guard is diff then the one i was looking at, I was also looking to do OD green.

Jack Greenwell
03-16-2010, 00:01
I like WASRs they are cheap enough not to worry about.

ussoldier202
03-16-2010, 06:09
what parts are those? looks pretty much like what i wanted to do to my wasr when it comes in. Though your hand guard is diff then the one i was looking at, I was also looking to do OD green.

The butt stock and magazines are Tapco, the hand guard is from Mako Security,the pistol grip is a Hogue and the scope mount is a UTG. Everything I got fits my WASR like a glove, but if you get the Tapco stock dont use the drill bit that it come with its cheap and to small, it broke off in the stock and was a big headache getting it out. If you do yours in OD post some pics.

JGguns
03-16-2010, 15:46
Not exactly...

It's a totally reliable weapon that shoots a man-sized round, that is now really cool.

As opposed to the AR, a really cool weapon that is not reliable and shoots a varmint sized round.

Which do you prefer?

Lol if this was the genral firearms section that would be asking for trouble lol

Op gun looks awsome! Thanks for your service:wavey:

KaliJuan
03-16-2010, 19:30
I hope it's ok if I post a pic of mine on here :)

ussoldier202 - you're correct about the thread, you may need to oil it or spray some gun scraper to it, there may be either carbon build up or something keeping it from unscrewing, best of luck on that friend and again, Great work on your AK :)

skanless
03-16-2010, 20:16

ussoldier202 - you're correct about the thread, you may need to oil it or spray some gun scraper to it, there may be either carbon build up or something keeping it from unscrewing, best of luck on that friend and again, Great work on your AK :)
Welcome to the forum. :wavey:

KaliJuan
03-16-2010, 20:23
Thank you Friend - Great to be here :)

visching101
03-16-2010, 21:04

looks good... Like the stock, I am trying to find a nice adjustable stock since I can have a folding one in NY :/

ussoldier202
03-17-2010, 10:41

I like ur AK. I really like the stock, I was going to get the stock adaptor like you have but was worried about the extra length, Im used to shooting a M4 all the way collapsed. I finally got the slant brake off I foung a very small spot weld. I had to use a Dremel and blow torch. My next step is getting to the range to see how this Eotech works on it.

andyffer
03-17-2010, 17:08
wow thats a beauty. Just as purty as the purist ones IMO.
I honestly think so. Because my Lancaster is my first im keeping it in purist form but whenever I pick up another AK (probably a wasr in a few years) I'll do it just like this cept throw a vertical grip in the front instead of the bipod

Achped
03-17-2010, 22:09
Not exactly...

Which do you prefer?

Just trying to stir up some stuff lol, a little like "DONT SHOOT ARS IN THE HOUSE" and "COLTS ARE JUNK".

No really, I like AKs. And ARs. I have 2 of each.

But I prefer my M16A4, how many people have you killed with 7.62? I assure you 5.56 gets the job done!

KaliJuan
03-18-2010, 00:46
I like ur AK. I really like the stock, I was going to get the stock adaptor like you have but was worried about the extra length, Im used to shooting a M4 all the way collapsed. I finally got the slant brake off I foung a very small spot weld. I had to use a Dremel and blow torch. My next step is getting to the range to see how this Eotech works on it.

Thank you friend :) - totally appreciate the feedback and I'm glad you got the slant brake off, they got sneaky on ya huh?

I've done a good amount of mods to my AK through some trial and error, but most of what's on there is from Magpul, really like some of the things they created and was able to apply it to the AK.

The compensator is from Primary Weapons Systems, the FSC 47, which really did help bring down the barrel climb.

The Rail system is the Samson K-Rail system, which was NOT easy to put on, but once I did, it's all good.

The Fore end grip is the Magpul AFG-1, angled fore grip which actually helps in steadying the rifle when transitioning from one target to the next.

The bolt is an AK Lightning bolt which now makes this baby ambidextrous.

Then I have an M4 stock adaptor which was also fitted with a Magpul ASAP plate for the sling, of which I have the Magpul MS2 sling.

And finally the Magpul CTR stock, which I also keep mine collapsed all the way as well :)

I think I am totally done with mods on this puppy, I am thinking about getting one of those AK Iron dot sights from Larue tactical, but I talked to them and they are redesigning it and it will be in production in another 2 - 3 months.

Take Care Friends :)

- J

ussoldier202
03-18-2010, 06:19
wow thats a beauty. Just as purty as the purist ones IMO.
I honestly think so. Because my Lancaster is my first im keeping it in purist form but whenever I pick up another AK (probably a wasr in a few years) I'll do it just like this cept throw a vertical grip in the front instead of the bipod

Thank you.:wavey: I would do the same if I had a Lancaster or CZ. You are correct about the bipod, I bought a vertical grip but it was missing the srcew:crying:, the new one should get here soon.

xICEMANx
03-21-2010, 19:22
I dig it. Personally I like the more traditional look. The m4 style stock just doesn't do it for me on an AK, but to each his own. I just ordered a Tapco orginal style stock and handguards in OD green. My AK came with polymer furniture on it so I figure why not keep it that way but make it the way I want? Had it come with wood furniture I would have left it that way.